Visa duration

Hi, I'm an Australian citizen, just wondering if its possible at the moment to get say a single entry 3 month tourist visa or 3 month multi entry. Flying into Saigon from Australia. I think I read somewhere they are only issuing 1 month ?

Thanks1f600.svg
Hi, I'm an Australian citizen, just wondering if its possible at the moment to get say a single entry 3 month tourist visa or 3 month multi entry. Flying into Saigon from Australia. I think I read somewhere they are only issuing 1 month ?

Thanks1f600.svg
- @panda7

In the past, you can get a 3-month tourist visa with single or multiple, but now under applicable laws in case your visa is encoded as a tourist visa (DL type), you are only granted a temporary residence for 30 days (1 month) and shall be considered for extension of temporary residence. You can submit an e-visa procedure for this visa type.

Thanks1f600.svg
- @panda7

Yes you heard correct, 1 month thats it.

Thanks1f600.svg
- @panda7

In the past, you can get a 3-month tourist visa with single or multiple, but now under applicable laws in case your visa is encoded as a tourist visa (DL type), you are only granted a temporary residence for 30 days (1 month) and shall be considered for extension of temporary residence. You can submit an e-visa procedure for this visa type.
- @susan29_huynh
That is incorrect.

It is not possible to have a 30-day eVisa extended.

It IS possible to apply for a second eVisa before the first eVisa expires, however, it is mandatory that you also exit Vietnam before the first eVisa expires (do a "border run").

Then you can re-enter Vietnam on the second eVisa.

Offering an extension of an eVisa is an illegal scam.

Thanks1f600.svg
- @panda7

- @susan29_huynh
That is incorrect.

It IS possible to apply for a second eVisa before the first eVisa expires, however, it is mandatory that you also exit Vietnam before the first eVisa expires (do a "border run").

- @OceanBeach92107

Thank you for your advice. It is correct.

In practice, at the moment the official of the Vietnam Department of Immigration does not allow renewing an e-visa for a foreigner living in Vietnam after expiring as your advice. I have just confirmed this with them.

However, the information I expressed above is quoted in Clause 13 of Law No. 51/2019/QH14 amendments to a number of articles of Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigner in Vietnam which is a legal source for the official to base on and issue the detailed guidance according to the actual situation.

Once again thank you for the information from you.

Thanks1f600.svg
- @panda7

- @susan29_huynh
That is incorrect.

- @OceanBeach92107

In practice, at the moment the official of the Vietnam Department of Immigration does not allow renewing an e-visa for a foreigner living in Vietnam after expiring as your advice. I have just confirmed this with them.

However, the information I expressed above is quoted in Clause 13 of Law No. 51/2019/QH14 amendments to a number of articles of Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigner in Vietnam which is a legal source for the official to base on and issue the detailed guidance according to the actual situation.

- @susan29_huynh

You're welcome.

I assume that once the old system of VOA is reinstated, those regulations will answer all such questions.

So we aren't experiencing new regulations but (perhaps it can be said) new policies?

Let's hope things return to "normal" quickly, eh?

Thanks for your participation in the forum.

Thanks1f600.svg
- @panda7

I just applied for mine yesterday, maximum time 30 days1f625.svg

Wadey

Thanks1f600.svg
- @panda7

- @susan29_huynh
That is incorrect.

- @OceanBeach92107

- @susan29_huynh

You're welcome.

I assume that once the old system of VOA is reinstated, those regulations will answer all such questions.

So we aren't experiencing new regulations but (perhaps it can be said) new policies?

Let's hope things return to "normal" quickly, eh?

Thanks for your participation in the forum.
- @OceanBeach92107

Under current laws, it is allowed to renew a DL visa (tourist visa) but it shall apply to the specific policies of the competent authority from time to time. 96aw2rdeOpzA