LTVP application delay?- a spouse of Singaporean citizen

Hi there! I wasn't sure where else to ask, so I am writing this here to seek for help.

Thank you in advance for reading thru my question :)

I've applied for LTVP just about 6 weeks ago but I still haven't heard anything from ICA- my status on the website is still “receiving attention”

Is there anything I can do at this point for ICA to process my LTVP application faster?

Our situation:

I am a Japanese citizen, currently attending a business school in Singapore (so I'm on Student Pass right now). I have bachelor's degree from university in the US, female, 24 years old.

My husband is Singaporean citizen (not PR), graduated from the same uni in the US, currently working at a French marketing agency in Sg, male, 26 years old.

We of course, passed Pre marriage LTVP assessment before submitting the LTVP application/ solemnization :) We have been together for 4 years in next month.

I don't believe that my LTVP application will be rejected :( but do you guys think there might be the reason why my application has not been processed within the time frame…? or will it be even get rejected…?

There are not many posts from spouses of Singaporeans on this forum, so we have little experience with this.

But I assume that, given your husband earns enough to cover both your living expenses (and of course provided you have no "adverse record" or other problem), you should be fine. (Please note that you will not be allowed to work on LTVP!)

Why the application processing takes longer than you expect, we cannot know here.
I have also applied ltvp for my spouse. It is 2 months already still receiving attention
@beppi Thanks for letting me know! I will wait for a little longer and see if I should call ICA to see what's going on…

I've already found a new job and they can provide me LOC so it should be fine :)
@rajagauri Did you do pre marriage LTVP assessment beforehand? My friend received it just around 6 weeks from her LTVP application, and she did the assessment as well.

I'm not too sure if it's true but people told me the process speed varies based on nationality of applicants :(Maybe Japanese passport takes more time…?

Hi @ssa_lly , May I know if they asked you do go for medical? -And if yes, how long did you wait for your LTVP IPA after you submitted your medical?

@beppi LTVP can work if the employer will apply LOC( letter of consent to work) in MOM.

And during application of LTVP in ICA there's an option for PLOC ( Pre-approved letter of consent to work) if we wish to work in SG but still we will only find out the outcome if the LTVP is approved and during the completion of LTVP formalities in ICA if they grant it or not.

how long did you wait for your LTVP IPA after you submitted your medical?
-@nayeshaf

The IPA is issued BEFORE the medical check - you need it to enter Singapore and get the medical check done.

The actual LTVP is issued after you submit the medical results.

@beppi i am already here in SG holding S pass. Official IPA from ICA haven't received yet. They already replied to sign the LTVP Terms and conditions. Now waiting for actual result and pay for the issue of card rhen can book apt for formalities.