Germany National Visa from Singapore query

Hi ,

Am planning to apply for National visa for me and my dependents from Singapore. In the check list it is mentioned that   "passport ( at least 2 free pages, not older than > 10years) ".  For this do I need to take printout of all the pages in the passport or first, last page and used pages are sufficient?

In checklist of spouse it is mentioned to have Invitation letter, as We ( me and my family) are planning to apply together,  do I need to prepare invitation letter?

For Health Insurance, what kind of Insurance and for how long do I need to buy as I had already registered my family in tk insurance.

In spouse check list, it is mentioned to have passport copy of spouse for this do we need to have complete passport book printout or just first and last pages will do?

can any experienced ppl in the group clarify my queries? Thanks in advance

Rds,

Varun
What visa type are you planning to apply for?

Singaporeans can visit for up to 90 days visa-free!

@beppi  am from India residing in Singapore. Planning to apply for national visa

For the standard visitor visa (up to 90 days in theSchengen area), your wife applies on her own merits, not as a spouse. Are you sure you are looking at the correct documents for the visa type you want?

Hi @beppi thanks for your response.. I am looking at national visa section as it is required for us to enter into Germany. For national visa, my wife and kid be treated as mu dependents. And am looking at the below checklist as there is specific document for dependents under national visa category.

Oh, I see!

"National visa" here is a misleading term. All visa are national, and there are various kinds. What kind of visa you will hold, and subsequently what your family needs, depends on the length and purpose of your trip.

A family reunion visa, which the linked document describes, is needed to join close family members who are long-term residents of Germany - i.e. they live (and most likely work) there. It is not needed for a visit (up to 89 days) - for that they need a touist (or Schengen) visa.

I think you should call the embassy and ask what is actually needed for your particular situation!
Hi @beppi  Thanks, I had checked with emabassy and was asked to follow FRV checklist for my dependents.  I have couple of queries in this regard can you please let me know if you have any idea on this.

As we are applying together,  do I need to prepare invitation letter for my dependents?
For Health Insurance,  I had already registered my family in tk insurance do I still need to buy any other insurance as in FB forums ppl suggesting to buy a travel insurance.
In spouse check list, it is mentioned to have passport copy of spouse for this do we need to have complete passport book printout or just first and last pages will do?

Thanks,
Raj
You still give no clear indication of your visa status, but since FRV and public health insurance (TK) is only possible for residents, I assume you have some kind of residence visa.
Furthermore, you double-posted part of the message in another thread. Please read the forum rules and don't do it again! (I removed the other thread.)

- If the embassy asks you to provide an invitation letter, then it is certainly required. Why do you doubt that?

- German public health insurance covers you from the moment you take residence (usually your arrival). If you want to be covered before that (e.g. during the trip) or above what the public insurer pays for, you can get an additional insurance. But this is not required or compulsory.

- Asks the embassy which pages of the passport they need copied - or you just copy all, to be on the safe side.

@rajesh87 My husband applied for his blue card visa, he took Print-out of first and last pages.. his employer also helped him to take out traveler's insurance for 3 months

Hi @rb860322  This really helps! I got travel insurance for 90days too.

Hi @rb860322 ,  I have done apostille of marriage cert from singapore but understood that it has to be done from India german embassy. Did you managed to get the visa with apostille done in Singapore? 

Did you managed to get the visa with apostille done in Singapore? 

- @rajesh87
We did - but then we married in Singapore.

@rajesh87  I was married in India so had to get the apostille done from India. There are agencies that can help you get it done. I used PEC apostille. They have a website with the details. You can contact them.. they are. Wry prompt with their replies