ER Visa criteria

Has anyone under the age of 55 been successful in getting a retirement VISA? What were the criteria?

I'm wondering if I can prove that I'm not working and have the funds to support myself for the duration of the VISA whether this may be possible?

If not any suggestions for getting a VISA longer than 1 month (I'd hate to rent my house etc to find myself back here or have to hop all over SEA)? If you have experience of Vietnam any info for there would be good too.

TIA
@Kaja2022

A bit erratic series of questions.
But here we go.

Yes several people have received a ER extension of stay. Examples are disabled people, early retired military and self-supporting people.
You have to convince immigration that you are entitled to the extension.

Visa extension longer than a month. All visas can be extended, even the tourist visa but for 30 days only.
You don't mention how long you want to stay.
You can enter on a Ordinary visa and extend for 6 months EG general extension for job seekers or those starting a business. No documents needed.

Vietnam. Find the information on the Vietnam forum.

Good luck.

Joe
@JoeKhmer
Thanks, although I think I'm more confused now
In terms of time I don't want to be limited to 1 month or have the instability of having to try and renew a every month. Ideally I'd like to stay at least 6 months but if I'm enjoying living there then longer would be good. As background I will be studying at an Australian university online and would like to experience a different culture whilst doing that preferably without having to work.

If I've interpreted your answer correctly for a retirement (ER) visa I would have to convince immigration that I was entitled to it but if I extend with an EG visa I don't have to prove I'm looking for work.

Sorry but making sense of SEA visas and where I can maximise my time is doing my head in.
@Kaja2022

You're confused for nothing.

Very clearly I stated (and you repeated it) that if you enter Cambodia on a Ordinary visa (30 days validity) and you extend for a 6 month EG (general) extension of stay you can stay here for 7 months and no documents needed.

After those 7 months you have to leave the country but can come back immediately and follow the same system.

That's 14 months trouble-free.

Cheers.

Joe
@Kaja2022

Technically, it is 55 but I have been on an ER for 3 years and I won't be 55 until next year.

I suggest going to an agent, at least until you are 55.  The first time, you might need to show income and insurance (the Agent will tell you) but bring all the supporting documents with you so you don't need to come back.

After the first year, they don't ask me for anything except to be registered in the Immigration App "FPCS."  That app can be a little tricky but it can be done.  The Agent may help you set it up if you cannot.

Generally, Agents charge $5-$15 more than if you did it yourself.

Be very careful when you enter.  You need an Ordinary Visa. Make sure they understand that or you will get a T-Visa which cannot be extended more than 1 month.  I believe the E-Type Visa is still $35.  Instead of the $30 T-Visa.