Shipping to Uruguay

We are looking to relocate to Uruguay soon.   
Trying to weigh pros and cons of using a shipping container or not.  Has anyone had experience with a shipping container to Uruguay ?  What company did you work with ?  Appreciative of any   pointers or things to consider please .... 

Alternatively looking at bringing in ( and paying for extra suitcases )  Pros ?  Cons ?
Thanks !

Hello, did you ever get to Uruguay? I sent a shipping container from the UK in October 2020 and it's still in the port of Montevideo accruing a storage charge of US$14 per day. It has now exceeded the value of the contents. My customs agent said there was nothing that could be done until I got to Uruguay but I have been here since September 2021. I also sent an extra suitcase by Fedex. That got held up at customs who wanted US$260. I found a big cheese at the freight terminal and put it to him that if I had struggled with a third suitcase on my flight, it would have been accompanied luggage. He agreed and it got through with charges of about US$50 saying that it was Fedex who scribbled something on the Air Way Bill that raised those charges.

Dirección Nacional de Aduanas is a very difficult office to deal with.
Uruguay is a very closed country and customs regulations are somehow difficult to deal with, specially for foreigners.

The shipping container arrived on Tuesday! The agent said that it would leave Montevideo at 9am so I thought it should get to my land between 11.30 and midday. Midday came and went as did 1pm and 2pm. It was deja vu. I had drank all my water and was burning in the sun. I couldn't hang around like I did the previous week. I had to get the the 3.30 bus back to town. As I was leaving, I saw something that required a closer look then I walked on toward the bus stop and as I was doing so, caught a glimpse of my container on the back of a truck. 20 seconds later and I would have missed it.