Working with Family Reunification

Hi all,

My wife got a job in Belgium and I came with her using Family Reunification, now I also have a "Type D Visa" on my Passport. We both have registered in the city hall and are now waiting for our "A Card".
Am I allowed to find a job with the "Type D Visa" or do I need to wait for the "A Card" to arrive?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I could not find a straight answer.
Wait for your A card, as you need your national number for most employers to employ you.
@CABC  Have patience and wait till you get an A Card. You cannot work without Resident Permit

Regards
Eshwar
    @CABC  You cannot work without Resident Permit

Technical you're wrong, he/she can't work without a work permit, which is linked to his resident permit.
If you come in Belgium for work purpose, you won't get your resident card immediately, instead they'll give you an annexe 49 that cover your stay for 30 days.
With that document you can already start to work :)
Hello everyone,

This week the status of the family visa has changed like this. I tried to translate what is written, and I understood that they are waiting for the file from the embassy.

The file was sent four months ago, and even the embassy sent me a message saying that my file has been sent to the immigration office.
Does anyone have any idea about this?

2022-05-27.png

@husseinmarah from my experience . The file gets sent to iBZ but it needs to be registered by Ibz internally before it can be treated . So sending it doesnt mean its being processed yet it means it reached their office

@husseinmarah Hi, I suggest you write an email to the embassy, where you have submitted the application. My family reunification decision is still in the queue. Let's hope for the best.

Hello everyone,

This week the status of the family visa has changed like this. I tried to translate what is written, and I understood that they are waiting for the file from the embassy.

The file was sent four months ago, and even the embassy sent me a message saying that my file has been sent to the immigration office.
Does anyone have any idea about this?

2022-05-27.png
- @husseinmarah

The image is not visible, can you copy paste the exact text you see ?