Receiving salaries or monies from USA

Im living in Costa Rica and would like to work remotely from here for an American company. I dont want to get my salary via PayPal.  I'm wondering how others in this situation get their pay?

I'mnot working but can't they do direct deposit or sonnet like zelle
In the past I had salaries by direct deposit, from what I vaguely remember it involved a lot of hassle, like having to give the bank a letter of employment, steep fees, a long time for processing... What is Zelle?
Hi Teri,

You questions begs a lot of questions like …. Where do you live, what is your status in CR, do you have a bank account, how much money are you talking about ( kinda more or less) ? I don't think Zelle works outside the USA but it is great in the US and it's free. Without trying to cover all the options without knowing your situation, let me know the answers to the above and I'll try to assist.

Saludos,

John

@Teri Sanders Hello, Teri. I've been working freelance here in CR for the past 14 years, I use Payoneer as my US bank (second story bank, which does not receive but invoiced deposits). I could invite you to join it (I will get $25 for the invitation), or you can go directly to its site and join. They will email you an ATM card which is accepted everywhere or withdraw colones from any ATM machine.

@MauroN Thank you so much for the kind info.  You may send me a link and I would be happy for you to earn for the referral.  Alan

@Teri Sanders Hello, Teri. I've been working freelance here in CR for the past 14 years, I use Payoneer as my US bank (second story bank, which does not receive but invoiced deposits). I could invite you to join it (I will get $25 for the invitation), or you can go directly to its site and join. They will email you an ATM card which is accepted everywhere or withdraw colones from any ATM machine.

- @MauroN

Mauro, are you registered as a freelancer in CR? Does that mean you are a permanent resident? How do you handle taxes in this case? thank you

@Teri Sanders  I use a US debit/credit card with apple pay for all transactions and if you need cash use your US debit card to withdraw $1k at a time no problem.