HCMC and Apartments

Hi, I'm Roger and I want to move to HCMC. However, I have decided to come and stay this Nov and Dec, just to get a feel for the city before moving next year.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to rent an apartment in HCMC for just two months?

Also, what is a good hourly rate for a tutor?

Cheers!

Roger
Ottawa, Canada
Hi, I'm Roger and I want to move to HCMC. However, I have decided to come and stay this Nov and Dec, just to get a feel for the city before moving next year.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to rent an apartment in HCMC for just two months?

Cheers!

Roger
Ottawa, Canada
- @RTLisSB
Sure, you can find an Airbnb apartment that will rent for a couple of months.

However, don't overlook the option of staying in an inexpensive hotel room

Unless you plan to cook all of your own meals, a big part of exploring HCMC will be sampling food throughout the city, everything from cheap, delicious street food to 4 Star restaurants.

A "good" hourly rate to pay for a good Vietnamese tutor privately teaching you tiếng Việt is $5.00 USD...but don't count on finding that.

More likely, you'll come across offers ranging from $10 to $20.

People coming to work in high-salary positions are willing to pay those prices without blinking an eye.

So the quicker you make local friends, the quicker you'll find lower prices.

One way to meet potential tutors is to take one of the free tours offered by university students who are eager to practice their English with foreigners.

If you find the right person, they can probably help you a lot at an affordable rate.

Even better if they tell you they are originally from Hanoi, as "proper" tiếng Việt is more commonly spoken there, and learning the "high" language dialect is the preferable way to begin in a land of almost countless dialects.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Roger
Ottawa, Canada
- @RTLisSB
Airbnb is great for monthly stays.
Some years ago I found a very nice homestay in district one. Stayed a month and the wonderful hosts cooked my dinners, did laundry for me, and really spoiled me. This was some time ago but I bet on Airbnb for a month you could find something similar. I had a lot of fun at the homestay. Even the dog liked me by the end.
@OceanBeach92107

Fantastic, thank you very much!

Roger
@mikesplaces

Cheers!
@pogiwayne

Thank you!
@RTLisSB

You can find better options on Airbnb mate !
@yudirajput
Cheers, I'll have a look.

Roger
Little Japanese town in Saigon is good choice. It is on Le Thanh Ton street, Ben Nghe ward, distict 1, HCMC.     
Little Japanese town in Saigon is good choice. It is on Le Thanh Ton street, Ben Nghe ward, distict 1, HCMC.     
- @Nguyen Hieu Loc
Definitely a nice little pocket within walking distance of lots of places in D1.

There's a little cafe/restaurant in there that serves delicious Bún Chả Hà Nội
Right, that Bún Chả Hà Nội is really good : )   and reasonable price.   
- @Nguyen Hieu Loc
Definitely a nice little pocket within walking distance of lots of places in D1.

- @OceanBeach92107

I love Bun Cha Ha Noi
- @Nguyen Hieu Loc

- @OceanBeach92107

I love Bun Cha Ha Noi
- @goodolboy
You won't be disappointed...

Bún Chả Hà Nội 26
8A/9C2 Thái Văn Lung
Bến Nghé, Quận 1
(Phone number listed on Google Maps)

It's inside, down the first inside alley on the right; Left side of the alley before it turns 90° to the left.

Enjoy!
@Nguyen Hieu Loc

Great! Thanks!

Roger
@OceanBeach92107

I'll try to visit for sure!

Cheers,

Roger
Rooms for rent there more or less 300usd/month. F&B costs and bars there are reasonable an nice. By the way, highly suggest a good traditional healthy massage therapy in the area at Enjoy 15B10 Le Thanh Ton street opposite the Amena building No. 24 Le Thanh Ton str.,     
@Nguyen Hieu Loc
Fantastic!

Cheers,

Roger