Visa requirements

I'm looking for information on visa requirements for Cambodia i would like to come for 3 months to start and then decide on later I'm thinking about penomh Penh, thanks
@nhatrang2

Get an Ordinary visa on arrival.
Within the 30 days of validity go to a reliable agent and apply for a 3 month EG general extension of stay.

If you plan to stay longer you'd better apply for 6 months EG extension.

This way you have either 4 or 7 months of your stay covered.

Cheers.

Joe
Thanks mate so do i apply online before i leave Australia or just turn up and get it when i get there like what's the procedure, cheers mate
@nhatrang2

Visa on arrival means at the airport of your destination.

During the flight you get already a form to fill out which is your visa application.
Tick the box with Ordinary.

You arrive at the immigration window where you hand over the form, your passport and $35.

You then receive the visa in your passport.

Cheers.

Joe
Thanks for your help Mate do you have to pay cash at the airport in USD
@nhatrang2

Yes and have the correct amount, sometimes they have no change.
do you need a passfoto as well?
I´ve read that and that isn't necessary anymore

thanks
@JonasM

One passport pic yes.

Cheers.

Joe
Hi Joe,   if I'm looking at setting up a business in Cambodia    can I come in on a biz visa,  or have to do tourist visa first,  then fly out? If so,  any guesses how long it would take to get biz visa?
@vitamine27

Come in on a Ordinary visa, extend within 2-3 weeks with a 6 month EG (general) extension of stay, no paperwork needed.

In that time you can set up your business and when that is ready you apply for a EB (business) extension of stay for one year each time, plus a work permit.

That's it, good luck.

Joe
Sorry but what are the requirements for unvaccinated now?
@garyww

One week quarantine.

@JoeKhmer Thanks for this Joe. Much appreciated and has given me peace of mind. Heading there around second week of July.  Thinking of buying around Kampot area. Thanks Joe

Hi joe
I want to come to Cambodia to do some boxing training for three months later in the year.
Is this possible as far as visas are concerned?
Everything seems to be changing at the moment....
Any advice would be great
@fredbailey691

Get an Ordinary visa on arrival and extend it a week later with a general extension of stay EG for 3 months, through an agent.

That's all, enjoy your time.

Joe
@JoeKhmer Do you recommend a "reliable agent" in Siem Reap?

Many thanks!
@nicdavidson

I have no experience with Siem reap agents but you could send a PM to hdgh, he lives in SR.

Good luck.

Joe
Hi Joe :)

We are coming from Norway, wanting to stay aprox 5-6 months.

Still ordinary visa on arrival? And how do one find agents to make longer visa? Online, maybe?

Thanx,
Kind regards

@veromarth will you be staying in Phnom Penh when you want a visa? I can provide a very trustworthy visa agent by personal message if you like. Best way to reach her is on WhatsApp. I guess that is the best way to reach most people in Cambodia or Mexico where I am now :-)

@veromarth

Yes Ordinary visa on arrival, then a week later go to a trustworthy agent to extend for 6 months, I would think of the General extension of stay (EG)

Good luck.

Joe
@mikeisgoing

Hi there!
We are not sure weither we will stat in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap. The dates are also not very certain yet. But maybe I can contact you when we know these two?

I'd love to have contacts like that. :)

Thank you for your reply:)
@JoeKhmer

Thank you 🙏

@veromarth sure. She is based in Phnom Penh. Have used her for visa things a few times. Take care.

i need a reliable agent in cambodia to assitt me for immigration arrival form and requirements for visa upon arrival.
travelling cambodia on tourist visit.

waiting for reply from our good mate
only info I know is if you get the tourist visa you can only stay maximum 2 months better to get the ORDINARY visa ( same cost) extendable up to 1 year for $280. Visa on arrival no problem You have to pay in US $ cash   $35

@Clement Odiefe just Google "call Kim", she is the best in Phnom Penh

@Clement Odiefe

You got good advice (hdgh) and bad advice.

First you will be on a tourist trip to Cambodia so you might just need a tourist visa if your stay is less than 60 days.
Tourist visa is $5 cheaper than the Ordinary visa.

But as you're from an African country Immigration wants you to show a letter (from immigration) that you're allowed to enter Cambodia.
There might also be a demand for showing cash on arrival.

So it's wise to take a knowledgeable agent to guide you through the hoops of immigration.
The one mentioned by hdgh is the best.

Good luck.

Joe
@Leon French

Please refrain from giving wrong information, the people asking for advice are not helped by that and you only cause confusion.

For your info: tourist visas are cheaper than Ordinary visas.

If you would know about the problems travellers from African countries have your post would have been much more extended as there are several extra demands from Immigration.

Thanks.

Joe

@JoeKhmer is it better to take care of this in PP or can I do the process in Siem Reap where I will be living.

@thepilatesloft1 if you are in PP, I would use Kim to get any visa work done. I think someone mentioned how to reach her but you can just use google to find her. Very reliable.

@thepilatesloft1

Realize that when you take an agent in Siem reap your passport will be sent to PP and back.

So why not do it in PP? You can do it the day after you arrive.

If you use Kim she can/will send your passport to Siem reap.

You could also spend a day or 10 in Phnom Penh, it's worth it.

Cheers.

Joe

@JoeKhmer Thank you!  Planning on spending 5 days in PP to spend time with the young university ladies I work with, visit friends at enjoy the city.  Where does one find Kim?

@mikeisgoing thank you!  I always skim to the bottom so I will look for Kim's contact further up!

@thepilatesloft1 just google call Kim Phnom Penh. 😃. 

Hello!

I am in somewhat of a strange situation... I live in a rural village in Cambodia with my boyfriend's family and work with them on their farm. It is of course temporary, but for the time being I have had to try and acquire a work visa even though I technically don't have the right documents to be here. Does anyone have any advice for agencies to do this through? I used Satguru last time and it was quite expensive.
Additionally, does anyone have any ideas of how to just get some kind of job here so that I can get the right paperwork (work permit, etc), without needing to move to a large city?

It is very difficult to be in a relationship with a Cambodian when it is so hard to find a job. I have always had problems with getting a visa, even when I volunteered with a Cambodian organization for a long time. Just hoping to have some other options to get this sorted out until my situation changes.

Additionally, does anyone know if it is easier or different to get a visa once you are already married to a Cambodian? I have heard that marriage doesn't change anything but I wasn't sure.
@Serena Ankrum

You could go for a general (EG) extension of stay (EOS) but max. 6 months then you have to leave and come back on an Ordinary visa and extend again for 6 months.

The main advantage is that there are no documents required, it's for job seekers and people starting a business.

Good luck.

Joe

@JoeKhmer I used this visa once or twice before and it did work pretty well. I was told by the Cambodian Embassy that it was no longer being offered after Covid though, which is why I went with business this time around. Do you happen to know if any of that has changed?

@Serena Ankrum

General extension of stay is still available after entering the country on an Ordinary visa.

There might be a change of the number of times you can apply for it but a good agent will know the way.

Cheers.

Joe

I've read before that for the ER extension it's sort of a rubber stamp if over 55. Is that still true? Is there a minimum financial amount one needs? I've never seen a number posted so assume not.

thanks

@LoganEx

It's a sticker in your passport , one for each year.

No financial requirements for ER if 55 or over.

Requirements:

Passport with 6 months validity after expiration of the extension of stay

1 photo

Money

Copy of the registration into the immigration app FPCS.

That's all.

Cheers.

Joe