Owned a villa in bellapais for 10 years

hi to every one .  owned a villa in bellapais for 10 years , if there is anything you would like to know , - trnc .
Hello and welcome to Expat.com burneyleslie,

Thank you for offering to help other members in your area. Have you faced any issues since the time you've owned the villa? What's interesting about the area?

Djameel
Expat.com Team

@burneyleslie Hi my wife and I are coming out to TRNC on 16th to find a permanent home, we have looked at quite a few houses in Bellapais and we're wondering what it would be like to live in that area. It looks beautiful and we briefly visited in November when we were last out. But of course it will change at different times of the year and times of the day even. What if anything is the pros and cons of living there. Thank you in advance. Gary Waters

@garywaters325a  hi , its a nice area , you will need a car to get up the hill ,  to the abbey  , heart attack hill ,  its the build quality on property which you need to check ,  as most property have no damp course  ,  they say - damp in Cyprus ? . it comes 2 feet up the wall . >

@burneyleslie  many thanks, we had a look at a couple of properties in Bellapais in November and one a bungalow was of interest but we discounted it because it had electric pylons extremely close and the cable run across the garden. We loved the village and stopped for a break in one of the little cafe, we were sat for no more than a couple of minutes before a friendly conversation was started with some like minded people.

hi , bellapais is not cheap for property  but it is in demand , you get for for your money on the other side of town  - lapta area that way , also bigger gardens , of late the builders are getting more property on the land area , only just about room for a pool ,, ? ,have a good look at build before buying , i could never get the snagging work on new house sorted out , because if one does not live the (reside ) they know you will not be able to take them to court ? ,
@burneyleslie
Great!
I'm trying to move to Bellapais do you recommend?
hi , yes bellapais is a nice area , but not cheap , depends whether you are renting or buying ? .