S Pass Quota Issue

Hello , everyone.
Last month , I got  a job offer from a construction company through a Job Portal and the employer  linked me up to a employment agent for S Pass Application Submission. The agent contacted me and asked me 205 SGD for application fee.  I had a little conflict with the agent while she contacted me for fee. Then, I confirmed with the employer regarding about fee and they replied that it is necessary to pay the fee for application process.  I agreed and contacted the agent to pay the fee . She didn't reply anything at all . Not answering my phone and didn't reply my mail either. Now , the employer inform me that they have quota issue at their company and will contact me again when they have a quota for me.
Don't they know they have quota or not when they planned to hire a foreigner?
Is it possible that my offer been withdrew as I had a conflict with the agent?
The work pass application fees (and agent fees, if they decide to engage one) have to be fully paid for by the employer, by law.
You have become victim of a scam (not the first or only one!). There is no application, no job for you and you will probably never get the money back.
Be glad it was only a small amount!
@beppi
Thanks for your reply.
I also thought it's probably be a scam at first.
But, I am being interviewed twice and the offer letter was sent by business email addresses in the company domain.
Only the agent part was shady.
And , I haven't transferred the money yet.
Aren't the job ads from job sites like  JobStreet and JobsDB that legitimate?
Can I get scammed by the  Job ads posted on those sites?
Lucky you did not pay yet!
You should report this agent to the employer and MoM.
Anybody who wants to (and pays the fee) can publish a job ad on those sites. Scams can lurk anywhere.
I obtain an IPA letter through a consultant and was not really sure it was original but I verified on internet and it was valid I finally had some difficulties in traveling but the letter expired and he told me he has extended it I still verify it was valid but two days after I tried to verify again but MOM had changed the method I was using to verify so the new method does not recognize the documents.please can someone help me out?
Leong: You need to ask your employer to extend the IPA's validity!