Info about Cottbus city

Hallo every one there,

I have the option of moving to Frankfurt and Cottbus, so I am in a bit dilemna that which one I should choose. 

Both are for respective universities, so any information will be good information and will help me to choose one.

Thank you every one in advance.

Cheers,
Viki 
It is not clear from your post whether you mean Frankfurt/Main or Frankfurt/Oder.
Frankfurt/Main is a major metropolis and Germany's financial center. There, you will find anything you like, except low prices.
Frankfurt/Oder and also Cottbus are smaller, sleepy towns in Eastern Germany near the Polish border and certainly much less international. But they are cheap.
I cannot say anything about the universities in the three cities, because I don't know them.
Sorry but such sweeping questions are just nonsensical and a waste of people's time. If you have specific questions then ask them. But nobody knows your situation or preferences and one can simply google plenty of basic information about any city.
Hallo every one there,

I have the option of moving to Frankfurt and Cottbus, so I am in a bit dilemna that which one I should choose. 

Both are for respective universities, so any information will be good information and will help me to choose one.

Thank you every one in advance.

Cheers,
Viki 
- @vikask29

I know nothing about either Frankfurt am Main or Frankfurt an der Oder, but I have spent a significant amount of time (at least 13 weeks per year ) in the last couple of years commuting to Cottbus for seminaries while studying for a qualification (albeit not at Cottbus University).

It's a decent-sized city with everything one needs and also an administrative center with main regional hubs for certain authorities, district courts, etc.

The state theater at Cottbus is famous for both its architecture and performances. There is a nice Zoo, a pretty little castle with famous gardens, and the Spreewald is right next door offering outdoor activities like kayaking.

Cottbus university has a good reputation as far as I have heard and my daughter is considering applying there as an alternative to going to uni in Berlin, since it would be less of an overcrowded situation and she's travel through Berlin itself for an hour to reach the different campuses she could study at, so she could just as well sit in the regional train for an hour and reach Cottbus university from where we live.

Also, I used to work with a Spanish guy who had done a year in Cottbus university on an Erasmus program, I think, and he was raving about it having been the best year of his life. That was a while ago by now.

Over all, Cottbus has ugly parts (where I was going to hear my lectures) and very pretty areas. Shopping is decent. The uni is easily reachable from the main train station and vice versa. Cost of living is low compared to other cities. There is a pretty fast train to Berlin once every hour and several more slower trains with more stops going in the same direction.

Students get a semester pass for the trains, so, if you want to go to Berlin for a day or an afternoon, you can be there in an hour or so.

Cheaper shopping in nearby Poland is also quite attractive. I know people from Cottbus who go every two weeks to do a huge grocery haul, go to the hairdresser, get a pedicure, facial and do some clothes shopping on top. If you were talking about Frankfurt an der Oder, then the Polish shopping aspect is valid there, too.

@beppi thank you 

@ALKB thanks a lot for your detailed response!