Self-employ Maid from Philippines

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone had the experience of bringing in a maid from the Philippines. A friend who left the country had a maid that I wanted to bring in. She is back in the Philippines and would be willing to come to work in my household. For me, this would be safer than trusting an agency to select someone; she already knows how to cook European food. In any case, I try to figure out how to bring her in from the Philippines without paying the huge fees that these agencies charge.

Did anyone have some tips on how this is done? As I understand, there is a way to do this without an agency in Malaysia.

@Banished Hi if am not mistaken, you still needs to go to an agent to liaise with Philippines embassy in Malaysia. Call any agent that you knew, they will give you their agent contact in Philippines.

@Banished good evening what nationality of u Sir/Mam how many person in the house and where u staying at the moment. I can refer someone if h need a housemaid

She can actually come as a tourist then go out and get in again for visa renewal
That's if u trust each other n dont need any contract.
Good luck

Hello Banished,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Have you tried browsing the Malaysia Forum ?

There should be ongoing discussions that answer your questions there.

Djameel
Expat.com Team
@Banished

Hello. May I ask if you managed to get this sorted in the end and how? Thanks!

I am looking for domestic helper, stay in with simple and caring family.

PM me if you are available

If you need a house maid, You must get one from an Employment Agency. No two way about it