How do I circumcise my baby boy?

Hello,

It is a pleasure to be here.

I recently moved to Salvador with my wife and had a kid.

We are trying to get our son circumcised and only just realised circumcision (for babies) is not main stream in Brazil.

Our Paediatrician asked us to find a way to do it informally if we needed to do the procedure before the baby is one year old.

In our culture babies are circumcised within the first month before the pain gets unbearable. 

We need help to find a professional who could help. We are open to covering travel costs etc.

I saw a post from 2015 where someone offered to help but no contact details.

I'll be more than happy to receive any helpful information.

03/30/22

You're probably going to need a Pediatric Urologist -- your Pediatrician should be able to recommend someone. 

If not, you could contact Uroclínica da Bahia, and see whether they can help you, here:

https://uroclinicadabahia.com/

Hello,

We are trying to get our son circumcised and only just realised circumcision (for babies) is ... - @LegalWingman

Hi, I don't mean to offend and I know it's not your question but ... is there some reason why you'd want to do this, other than "In our culture we do this?". I'm honestly curious.

There's probably a reason why it's not done here, and why it was recommended to do it "informally" (whatever that means). In my culture we do this also (I and everyone I grew up with is circumcised) but I would never do this to my children.

I'm originally from Scandinavia, virtually no such thing as circumcision there. Thank you God

I'm originally from Scandinavia, virtually no such thing as circumcision there. Thank you God

- @rraypo
 And I, on the other hand, was born in the US at a time when male babies were circumcised immediately on delivery as a matter of course, so I've never missed what I never knew I had. 1f602.svg

- @rraypo
 And I, on the other hand, was born in the US at a ... - @abthree
 I like having what I was born with, or as some might say, I love having what God gave me at birth. :-) 

Hello,

We are trying to get our son circumcised and only just realised circumcision (for ... - @haragiar

Also wanting to respect their culture, but to me it's straight up genital mutilation, which again can be pushed under a "cultural" or "religion" carpet. It's not something I ever thought to look up about Brazil, but it does make me a little happier knowing its apparently not that easy to have it performed here. Again, no disrespect to the OP for asking, but I do feel sorry for any child that has this mutilation done against their will.

This should be with you and the urologist, not on a forum. UTI's can occur 3 to 1. As said, find a urologist and weigh the pros and cons.

It's a straight forward procedure. Some stitching afterwards.  Some anesthesia, there is cutting off part of the foreskin and stitching with appendage and a healing period.

Just locate a synagogue, and ask any practicing Jew. They will send you to the right place.