Permanent residency question

So I been trying too research but cannot find info on if I could possibly lose my permanent residency status from Brazil if I fly back too the USA for about 3-5 months too work.  I got my card in September 2021 thanks for any responses

03/21/22

No -- if you already have your CRNM, you shouldn't lose it for being out of the country for up to two years.  To be extra safe, be sure to be back in Brazil before its expiration date so that you can renew it, but aside from that, you should be good.

Ok thank you!

My card is a rnm that make a difference?

RNM is the same as C RNM. abthree is correct and I have been advised two times when I go to the US not to stay too long. 2 years is the max. The expiration date and 2 years are your limits.
If you go for say 6 months you may want to think about a trip back to BR,
Just me talking. Mine is permanent, but all the things we went through make me cautious.

03/21/22

If your card says on top, next to the coat of arms of Brazil, "República Federativa do Brasil Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratório", it's a CRNM.

As do some of the others, I have an RNM, I come and go to the USA and at times, I stay out for months.  I feel great when I come back to Brazil and a very nice person simply says welcome home; Just don't stay out of Brazil for even close to two years, and if you are close to your renewal, return early. Enjoy every day you can, life's short enough.

Thanks for your responses I very much appreciate it only flying back too visit family and work a little bit so no longer then 6 months

I call it RNE.

* Register National Estrangeiro

RNE was pre-2017 and then changed to CRNM (RNM)

Mine is recent. and is a CRNM

Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratorio

03/23/22
The old "Cédula de Identidade de Estrangeiro" -- CIE, often misnamed RNE -- was grandfathered by the 2017 law, and serves as a valid CRNM until its expiration date.  When it expires, the foreign resident will receive a current CRNM when they go to the Polícia Federal to renew it.  There's no need to obtain the current card before that time.

If the validity date of a CIE reads "indeterminada", it will continue to be valid indefinitely, and will only need to be replaced if it is lost or stolen, or if the Polícia Federal do a complete recall, which is extremely uncommon.

Hello there I use this channel for all my Brazilian questions, regarding immigration, visa, property purchases and many more things...  Great channel on YouTube and helped me a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7EuM … IWQ/videos

i just recently extended my 90day visa  for another 90days and was told I can stay an additional 2 months if I ask for a restoration if I stay 1 day more than i should. I will be applying for my digital nomad visa as I think Brazil is a place where I like to live.

I use this channel for all my Brazilian questions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7EuM … IWQ/videos

Please can you reach out to me I would love to learn more about this as I want to reside in Brazil, in the south and will be opening my business in the next several weeks, but I will just have the money to do so... but no real knowledge.

Regards

Hello,
Please I have a Brazilian Residency Permit since last year, still less than a year though, but I currently live in Sao Paulo. I plan to apply for citizenship by December 2022/Jan 2023. I need to visit my family back in my country but I don't know how many days I am permitted to stay outside Brazil, so that I don't loose my eligibility to apply for citizenship by the December/Jan....Someone told me I cant stay more than 40days outside Brazil, while another said it is 60days. So I need correct information from persons who knows about this please. Thank you in advance
See your other post for an answer.