My accidental over stayed

I visited the immigration office,in Port Louise about my accidental over stayed.

Reason is I have been very sick and still little bit sick.

So my visa got exhausted on February 19 2022.
I got a 20 days stayed entry  January 29,2022 and it got expired February 19 2022 with out extension because I was very sick and could not go for extension,now that I am much ok,I went to the passport department of Mauritius and immigration to have them inform about my over stay here in Mauritius.

So today march 14 2022 they said they can not extent my visa, even though I never went for an extension,but I go there to have them inform that I have over stayed here and I am going back to my country Friday.
I have bought my flight ticket already,and I still have sufficient funds.

So finnally the officer told me,I can go to the airport and depart on Friday since I have bought my ticket,and when I get to the airport I can have the airport immigration inform about the cause of me to over stayed.

Which was that I was sick and still much sick.

So I asked if  I may not be deported or charge for  vilolation or crime.

He said no to me no problem once you are leaving.
Just better explain to them.
That was it today at port Louise.

I came back home to await Thursday to go and do my PCR test for travel.

Please any recommendations?

Hello Darious,

you did right by informing the Passport and Immigration services. Follow their instructions, when you get at the airport inform the agents and show them your medical documents.

All the best,
Anoushka

Hi
Just in case I get there and they say no..

What next will they decide as per your experience?

Will there too much illtorigation for me while I am exiting the country?

What do you just made sujest?

I am just asking because I have not experience this before.

You are leaving the country, they won't trouble you.

I don't have any experience since I am a local, however people who are deported are those who have over stayed for long enough for immigration services to find them (wherever they have been living).

Your case is different, it has been nearly a month that you have overstayed and you are willingly leaving and you have all proofs of your illness. It should be good.

Have a nice flight!

Thanks very much

I am doing my PCR test Thursday by 10:30am at the Grand Baie clinic.

I have appointment today with the doctor and they scheduled me Thursday 10:30Am because of my flight✈️✈️✈️✈️ time and Date which is Friday.
So I will be doing my PCR test on Thursday.

Thanks for the update

I will depart from Mauritius today by 6pm evening time.

I have a almost one 1 month over stayed because of illness.

Now that I am much ok now,I have to exit and go home to where I come from.

Hi guys
I was able to leave the country safety with no immigration problem after my accidental over stayed.
I accidentally over stayed in Mauritius for almost one month while I was sicked...
All I did was to take my Medical record and certificate with me to the passport and immigration office in Port Louis for notifying them about my over stay..

They told me no problem,once you have all justifiable documents  to show the airport immigration you can go home and wait for your flight time.

This evening march 18,2022 at 6:00pm when I got it the airport I took my medicine certificate and all necessary documents for checking after checking I took it to the passport department in the airport checking...
When I get there I explained to the police for just 1 minute and has no problem but to say where is your medical certificate?

I submitted it.
And I was stamped Departure Comfirmied.

Good news
Let's us all learn to stay safe in every nation.

We are representing the others who wanting to visit the country,our criminal act or misbehavior attitude will make things difficult for our sisters and brothers Who yet to visit the island.
Let us stay peaceful in any nation we will be blessed to be given entry.

I am a Liberian.
Thanks to everyone

Thank you for your feedback, Darious.

Wish you all the very best
Anoushka

@DARIOUS MANEH

Thank you for providing us with an update on how it all went down. This would be useful for others who may find themselves in a similar situation.