Refused entry, apply for VTP

Hi everyone!

I would appreciate your advice.

I had a refusal of entry in Singapore last January 8, 2020 and was given a letter that states "Being ineligible for the issue of a pass under current immigration policies." I was told by the Immigration Officers that the reasons were confidential and can't be disclosed.

It's been two years and I would like to travel to Singapore from Dubai next Monday as a tourist and prepared all the list of entry requirements.

I emailed the ICA (ICA VSC Appeal) before I booked my flight and this is what they said:

"You may visit Singapore as a normal visitor, subject to you meeting the usual entry requirements which among others include, having a passport with at least six months validity, a valid Singapore entry visa (if applicable), confirmed return/onward tickets (where applicable), sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore, etc. The entry requirements can be found at ICA website at www.ica.gov.sg.

Nevertheless, please note that the issue of the Visit Pass is however assessed by the Immigration Officer at the point of entry into Singapore.

In view of COVID-19 travel restrictions, all travellers, except for Singapore citizens and permanent residents, are required to obtain an entry approval letter via one of the existing safe travel lanes. You may wish to refer to https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg for more information on the safe travel lanes and their respective eligibility criteria."

I understand from their email that I can now enter and stay for up to 30 days on arrival subject to approval by the checkpoint officer.

But, I am really worried that they won't allow me again this time to enter Singapore.

Do I just need to show their email response, do I need to send an appeal letter to the Immigration, or anything I else that I could do?

Thank you!

My understanding of the ICA email is same as yours: You can enter on a 30-days SVP (tourist visa) as per normal.
Bring a printout of the the email along, just in case!

Hi Beppi!

The issue now is, upon applying for my VTP, I can't continue and submit the form when I selected ‘YES' to the question “Have you ever been prohibited from entering Singapore?”

My sister in Singapore was able to call the Safe Travel hotline and the officer gave us the Safe Travel Office Appeal VTP link and case number on my appeal to enter that is directed to the department-in-charge of the VTP Form and it only takes within 1-2 days.

I'm not sure how this works and what Safe Travel Office Appeal will tell me and I am really hoping it works this time!

I will definitely bring the printout and electronic copy of the ICA trail mail.

Then you have to wait until the appeal is decided upon. Do not travel before that!

I emailed ICA on the same day to confirm and they said:

"You may visit Singapore as a normal visitor, subject to the usual entry requirements. Hence, an appeal is no longer required. However, please note that on your arrival, your entry and duration of stay would still have to be assessed by the Immigration Officer at the checkpoints before entry can be granted.

Additionally, in view of Covid 19, you are required to obtain an entry approval letter via one of the existing safe travel lanes via https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg."

Exactly what I did. I rebooked my flight for another week. Now I am really hoping that I will receive an update from the Safe Travel Office Appeal so I could proceed to apply for my VTP with no issues.

Hi ma'am Mae,

I had the same problem. Last January 11, 2020, it was the same as yours. I would like to know which email address you were using when you emailed ICA for Appeal? Planning to visit again Singapore next month but I'm scared of entering the immigration again. I hope you could advice me.

Thank you in advance.

God bless!

@ItsMae
Hey,

I'm still wondering if u were able to enter in Singapore.

I was refused entry in 2015 under another passport, but now i have a German one, and i'm still hoping they allow me to enter this time. It's been 7 years already..
Rojas: Depending on the new passport and them not recognising you are still the same person is a luck game - I would not do that. The better and cleaner way is contacting the relevant authority (probablyICA) and removing the ban - which might already have expired after so many years.
@hsaguban hi.. have you known which email address did she send it to? I'd also wanna know.

thank you

@ItsMae hey I'm still wondering if u were able to enter in Singapore? if yes did they ask you something about your last refused entry?

Hi!

I was a refuse entry singapore about 5 years back.can i travel back agin ?

@Nishanka Rajakaruna Contact ICA and ask!

@ItsMae Hello Mae. my friend has same issue as you which is being deny entry. can I know which email address of ICA that my friend can send to request on releasing deny entry..thank you