Digital Nomad Visa Migrante Web

So is there a chance i cannot leave at all? Like they will not let me board flight? Or will i be allowed but i get the visa revoked?

So is there a chance i cannot leave at all? Like they will not let me board flight? Or will i be allowed but i get the visa revoked?

- @orlandocolon7
 I doubt very much that you'll be denied boarding.  I have no idea what the reaction will be, if any, when you return.  

In your position, if I couldn't get to the Federal Police before my departure, I certainly would make every effort to get back within 90 days of my first arrival.

If your given a deadline by federal police. Best to roll with it to avoid any hardships, I am not schooled or educated enough in the laws surrounding what they can or cannot do to penalize in situations like this - just avoid it if you can !

I hear ya. Thank you. Does anybody have the direct link to registration form? I am here but not sure if its a catch all registration form or if they have registration forms for each visa type. Also the link to pay the taxa?

I hear ya. Thank you. Does anybody have the direct link to registration form? I am here but not sure if its a catch all registration form or if they have registration forms for each visa type. Also the link to pay the taxa?

- @orlandocolon7
Hi orlandocolon 7

First, I am not sure where you are.  If you are out of Brazil, say in the USA, you will need to work through the Brazilian Consulate in charge of the region in which you live. Next, when looking for information online, bear in mind that each Consulate controls its own website and you will find huge differences in how up-to-date they maintain their information.  Some Consulates still show VIPER Visas which have been gone since 2017. 

Here is a link to one Consulate in the USA, Chicago, and the "Temporary Visa XIV "Digital Nomad"".  On this link, you will see the complete process with links to each step and form.  

[link under review]

04/01/22  I hear ya. Thank you. Does anybody have the direct link to registration form? I am here but not sure if its a catch all registration form or if they have registration forms for each visa type. Also the link to pay the taxa?

- @orlandocolon7
 If you're currently in Brazil, links to both MigranteWeb and the application form for residence appear on this page:

https://www.gov.br/mj/pt-br/assuntos/seus-direitos/migracoes/paginas-migracoes/autorizacao-de-residencia

Again, while you certainly should fill out and submit the electronic forms ASAP, I recommend talking to the Federal Police if you plan to leave the country before completing your registration.

Small Update:

I managed to fill out a variety of things on the old migrante website under the "pre-cadastro".  There it had an option to complete the registration for the Digital Nomad.  You also could attach both the application, fee payment receipt, and if necessary power of attorney.  All the other things required of the Digital Nomad were not options to attach.  I assume this to mean someone will get back to you.  That said, I left the site to go and find out how to pay and when I came back pre-cadastro is gone and I can't find what I completed.  Typical right? 1f923.svg @juliettengl is having similar issues.  I think we both have e-mails for clarification.  I'll update further when I know more.

To Pay Use these links:  A form is generated for you to pay.  Apparently, you can only pay at Banco do Brasil.  Haven't paid yet.

I ended up going to an online registration page on the policia federal site for estranieros temproray visa, Pretty quick basic form. Just got back from.banco brasil and made a tax payment with the code policia federal for 204,77. Now all i need to do is set the appointment with them but i wont be able to do it now as i will be going back to the states Sunday. However, the policia federal front desk said , as long as you return within 90 days to complete the process i should be fine and i am allowed to leave and come back. I arrived march 11 so i should be fine if i return before june 11ish. Once i confirm my return date which should be before june 11. I will schedule the appointment. 

After the appointment, what happens next? And how much longer of the process ( in days) is needed?

04/01/22 I ended up going to an online registration page on the policia federal site for estranieros temproray visa, Pretty quick basic form. Just got back from.banco brasil and made a tax payment with the code policia federal for 204,77. Now all i ... - @orlandocolon7

Good news!

After your application is accepted, it should take about a month for your CRNM to be processed, and they'll call you back by email to pick it up at the PF office.  There have been delays during the pandemic; they've probably worked those out by now, but it's a good idea to confirm with the officer when you receive your protocolo when you can expect to hear.

What is the crnm?

Hi, 

Just a little update to all those applying.. 

After having additional documents requested (totalling 6 different Brazillian criminal record checks and the demand for all documents to be translated), my Visa application was today archived, with the justification that I must re-submit the application using the new MigranteWeb system :):):):):):):):):) This is despite being explicitly informed by the Ministry of Justice to exceptionally submit my application using the old system. Which I did over 3 Weeks ago. 

So for all who were able to submit on the old MigranteWeb system, you will likely need to resubmit.

However I can confirm, R45 is now an option on the new system, and I was able to submit - so it's finally working. Funny how it's conveniently been updated after the previous Portaria/Covid extension has now expired. 

It will certainly be a fun argument with the FP in regards to annulling the overstay fine, considering they will see the new application date :) 

THE FUN CONTINUES

g

04/07/22 @garethandrews -- thanks for manning the true "bleeding edge"! 🤕 Great determination!  I hope that it works out for you.
GRU you can pay anywhere, even where they sell lottery tickets, loterías they give beautiful comprabante. 

And fee for any residence is 204 for issuing an ID card + 168 for processing application. 
HERE AGAIN....  SMALL UPDATE:

I submitted everything and they are asking for a few things to be translated (duh; I should have done that to begin with)... but also want the following:

Apresentar certidões de antecedentes criminais ou documento equivalente emitido pela autoridade judicial competente de onde tenha residido o imigrante (CERTIDÃO EXPEDIDA PELA JUSTIÇA COMUM ESTADUAL e JUSTIÇA FEDERAL), conforme disposto no inciso X, art. 1º, RN 01/2017 e no item nono da Nota Técnica nº 003/2018/CGIg/GM/MTb, referente ao tempo de residência do imigrante em território nacional.

Article 1 is:  certidões de antecedentes criminais ou documento equivalente emitido pela autoridade judicial competente de onde tenha residido nos últimos cinco anos; 

Nota Tecnica is: Desta forma, conclui-se que, uma vez que o imigrante já tenha apresentado à autoridade consular certidão negativa de antecedentes criminais, decorrente de autorização de residência prévia para trabalho, à luz da Lei n. 13.445, de 2017, ou ainda que tenha sido beneficiário de visto temporário ou permanente, estes emitidos com base na revogada Lei n. 6.815, de 1980, o requisito de apresentação de certidão negativa de antecedentes criminais correspondente ao tempo de residência do imigrante no exterior pode ser considerado atendido, sendo necessário que se apresente certidão negativa referente ao tempo de residência do imigrante em território nacional, emitida pela autoridade judicial competente de onde tenha residido alcançando-se, portanto, as certidões expedidas pela Justiça comum estadual e federal. 

I submitted an FBI background check, apostilled and translated.  I'm not sure what they are asking for and was hoping someone else might have done it for other reasons.  I think they want something locally (here in Brazil) AND by the state where I used to live?

Help?!?
04/28/22  @Cakinator  Yes, they're looking for your local Brazilian criminal background checks.  Unlike the one for the FBI, they're really easy to get:

1 Do a search on "antecedentes criminais federais" and it should bring you to a page where you can input your data and it will return your Brazilian federal background check, which you can save and print.

2. Do a search on "antecedentes criminais Rio de Janeiro" (or whatever state you live in) and do the same thing.
4/30/22 abthree.  As always many many thanks.

Hello everyone!
FUN UPDATE!
My status changed today to "DEFERIDO" - So I believe, It has been granted! Can anyone advise on the next steps.. I believe I have to wait for it to be published in the "Diário Oficial da União", then take a copy of this to the Federal Police? But no instructions online anywhere..
Cakinator - you will need not only this Federal background check, which is easily generated online, but you will also need the state background checks, which if in Rio, is only achievable for free, in person from the office in Almirante Barroso (I went, it was. nightmare, they wanted 3 copies of a ton of documents, so I gave up) or.. the e-cartorio website here. It may be easier in Curitiba, where I think you said you were?
You can try and login using your ECPF to get them for free, but this failed for me every time, so in the end I paid the R$458 for the 4 certificates ( from each of the 4 Ofício de Registro de Distribuição da Capital).
FYI... after submitting this they then came back AGAIN and said the statement of my working capacity as a digital nomad, and 5 year clear criminal record worldwide, was not sufficient. Fill in this form for the criminal record declaration, and then I changed the wording to confirm my digital nomad working capacity, then resubmit.
Be prepared to wait another 3 weeks..
These were accepted today and my status is now "DEFERIDO" - which I believe means granted!
If anyone can advise on next steps, would be super appreciative.
Regards,

Oh.. and for the "Nota Técnica nº 003/2018/CGIg/GM/MTb" , I obtained a certifiate from the federal police of all my entrances and exists to the country, I think you can obtain this online, you'll need to do a google search I don't have the link (I had a copy already from the FP which I used).
Now my application has been granted, am I right in assuming I now need to make an appointment with the FP (using this link)??
Thanks,

Awesome!  I'm waiting for some translation documents and then will resubmit mine as well.  Thanks for all of the information.

In the state of Parana, I was able to obtain the background check online. :)

@Cakinator Yes, just make sure you get both criminal record checks, not just federal.

@garethandrews Hi Gareth. Just received my DEFERIDO status as well. Have you figured out next steps yet? Thanks!

05/06/22 @garethandrews;@Daring12

During the application process, did the Polícia Federal photograph and fingerprint you?

@abthree nope. Entire application process was done online. I did get fingerprinted by the PF, but it was strictly in order to send in my FBI background check application.

Now my application has been granted, am I right in assuming I now need to make an appointment with the FP (

using this link)??
Thanks,

@Daring12

Yes, that's what it looks like to me. You have 30 days to file your request.  See this answer from "Perguntas Frequentes":
Qual o prazo para solicitar o registro para emissão de Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratório (CRNM) após o deferimento da autorização de residência? Como fazer?
O imigrante a quem tenha sido deferido o pedido de autorização de residência no País deverá proceder à solicitação de registro no prazo de trinta dias, contado da data da publicação do deferimento do referido pedido, sob pena de aplicação da sanção prevista no inciso IV do caput do art. 307 do Decreto 9.199/2017. Para mais informações acesso o serviço Registrar-se como Estrangeiro no Brasil.

@abthree Thanks abthree! My publication just went out and they screwed up my mother's name and father's name. My father is listed as my mother and vice versa. Will this be an issue? Any advice on correcting? Should I just try to register anyways and see if anyone complains? 

Daring12,

It does mess it up. I had to go to the PF to correct my mother's name.

Many things are tied to your RNM. I had an issue with my mother's middle name many years later with we had to use the SUS for a Covid vaccine. Got the vaccine, but could not use the digital SUS app to use as proof of vaccine. Additionally, I had an issue with my CPF at the RF due to the same reason and went to the RF office to straighten this error. Again I had the CPF for many years.
@Daring12

Daring12, yes, I am afraid that is a problem you need to fix now. My CRNM signature did not include my middle name, the name typed on the card.  This has been a continual problem for me. Even coming into and leaving Brazil, this has been an issue causing delays at the airports. I have tried to go to other PF offices, not the office I went to originally, but they will not fix the card, they say I must go to the office that issued the card, but I have not been anywhere near that office since my RNM (Visa) appointment.

I highly suggest you get this changed as soon as possible

05/09/22  @abthree Thanks abthree! My publication just went out and they screwed up my mother's name and father's name. My father is listed as my mother and vice versa. Will this be an issue? Any advice on correcting? Should I just try to register anyways and see if anyone complains? 

- @Daring12

Yes, as Texanbrazil and rraypo say, having your parents' names right on an official Brazilian document is very important, and the sooner you address it, the better and the easier it is to fix. 

I would recommend requesting your appointment online to get yourself a place in line for finalizing your CRNM, but going to the Polícia Federal ASAP, without waiting until your appointment, with your protocolo, the original document that shows the correct names of your parents, and a printout of the incorrect information,  Tell them that the information is incorrect, and that you'd like to correct it before your card is processed. 

Be pleasant, respectful, and non-confrontational, but if they tell you to just go home and get it corrected during your appointment, make a note when you get home recording the date, the time, and anything else you can remember from the conversation, and have the note with you for reference at your appointment.
@Daring12

To chip in on the above, just a guess but I would assume if the FP have an issue with this then they may ask for republication in the D.O.U, in which case, maybe it's worthwhile sending an email now to the Ministry of Justice requesting for republication with the correct names, to get the ball rolling before your appointment. Not sure what the process is depending who's mistake it was, but i'm sure they will advise.

or try to call this number: (61)2025-9571/3494
05/09/22 @ Daring12 -- reversed names in system

I would always try to resolve this kind of problem in person, not by email.  In a high-touch culture like this one, it's much harder to say "no" to someone you're looking at face to face than it is to the author of an email.

In resolving clerical mixups with any Brazilian bureaucracy, I've always found it much more effective to stick to open-ended questions ("How do you think we can resolve this?") than to propose possible solutions.  It can be very hard for English-speakers to resist the urge to be helpful, but there are some sound reasons for this approach:

1. They know their processes better than you do, and where the workarounds are; you'd just be shooting in the dark;

2. Getting a good resolution almost requires that nobody ends up taking any blame.  They're experts at making that happen, they do it every day.

3. Any bureaucrat will try to take the path of least resistance, i.e., the one that requires the least work from him or her.  If your proposed solution let's them shove the question onto somebody else's desk, that will happen in a heartbeat, even if you're already dealing with the person in the best position to help you. 

Fixing a clerical error should NOT require republication in the DOU.  You absolutely do not want to be the person to suggest that, and if someone at the PF does, you want to be incredulous, like, "oh, that's not really necessary to fix a little thing like this, is it?"  I'd be shocked if they did.  You do not want to be responsible for the chain of events -- or have to deal with the delays -- that would follow that.
Boa tarde,

I had my meeting with the FP today and was issued my Certidao de Registro and RNM  :)

My entry date to the country did cause an issue in registering me on their system (it flagged the overstay) but.. they managed to override and proceeded with all my biometrics. They were super friendly and said it was the first they had issued under this law! Along with the certificate, I was issued with a Protocolo document with QR code which I believe will allow me to travel until the card is issued.

Didn't mention my overstay or any fine 1f636.svg

In a few weeks I'm leaving the country so I'll update if I have any issues at Immigration upon leaving, in regards to the fine.

Good luck to everyone else in the process!
05/16/22 @garethandrews. Congratulations!  You did it - good job. 1f44d.svg

@Daring12 thanks everyone for the advice! In the end the fix was very simple. Migranteweb let's you send a message where I explained the mixup. Within a week they fixed it and sent out a corrective publication.

@garethandrews Same here! Had my meeting today with the PF and they issued me my temporary RNM with a QR code. They said that this will allow me to travel without any problems. I overstayed about a year and a half on my tourist visa and no one said anything or mentioned any fine so hopefully I am in the clear. Thanks everyone for your help along the way!

Hi! Those who succeeded, how long did you wait for the status to go to Deferido at the Migrante Web platform?

@zofiaaa from initial application, it was almost 2 months. But they asked for some additional documents that were missing from my initial  application. From the time I supplied the additional documents it took about 2 weeks until I got the first notification of approval and then another few days until the publication went out and the final approval arrived.

@Daring12 thanks!

@Daring1219 @garethandrews congrats on getting the visas! could you please share your knowledge and help with these questions 🙏
1. Did you apply with documents in English or translated in Portuguese?
2. What did you choose on MigranteWeb in 1.2 Área de Atuação field?
3. Where did you find a payment form/document for a GRU Simples fee?
Documents were in English, apostilled, and then translated. Some of the ancillary documents you can get away without getting apostilled even if officially required (although your luck may vary). I used a lawyer, so I don't have input on the other questions. Good luck!
07/06/22  Digital Nomad in Rio de Janeiro Site

The government of Rio de Janeiro is participating in a site to provide up-to-date information to people interested in the Cidade Maravilhosa.  For anyone interested in doing that, it's worth checking out: