Expats Living in Santa Marta, Colombia

Hello to all fellow expats living in Santa Marta, Colombia. I am an American citizen, from Philadelphia, PA and Naples, Fl. I am married to a beautiful Colombiana from Medellin. We moved from Naples Fl to Santa Marta about 7 months ago. We absolutely love living in Colombia.  The purpose of this writing is to connect with other expats, including those who have moved from other countries from around the world, living in Santa Marta, and to share experiences.

We anxiously await correspondence from other expats currently living in Santa Marta. 

Thanks

Best is to find a Facebook group for Santa Marta Expats.  On this forum, we are spread out quite all over Colombia....

@lauramulholland

My name is Daniel I lived in Florida on the west coast Ft Myers I am in Nicaragua now San Juan De Sur but I really don't like the way the people are.

I have been to Santa Marta before and want to make the move there.

God Bless

Best Regards Please keep in Touch

@sunrealtycr Hi Daniel sorry to hear about your experience in San Juan del sur. I have been to nicaragua about 30 times and found the nicas to be very friendly and receptive to Americans. What kind of experiences have you had. I haven't been to nicaragua for about 7 years and mostly have traveled to Colombia in that time. I prefer Colombia.

Posters, please stay on-topic for this thread about Living in Santa Marta.

The discussion of problems with residents of San Juan, Nicaragua, should be posted on a Nicaragua forum unless such discussion is essential and relevant to Santa Marta, Colombia.

An alternative is to discuss Nicaragua and Nicaraguans via PM private messaging.

cccmedia, member of Expat.com experts team