Room/apartment

Looking for a 1 bedroom apartment near russian market around 200 month

mickyshv wrote:

In Ho Chi Minh City, correct?

I can ask admin to move this thread to the correct forum, if you'd like.

Are you in Vietnam now?

mickyshv wrote:

Place an advert for FREE in the housing part on the site.

SimCityAT
Expat team

As the Russian Mkt is in Q1, won't $200 a month be a little hard to find.

If you stay off the websites that advertise in USD you can get a room for 1.6mill in a share house or 3mill for a room around 16m2 in that area, 4.5mill will get you a room easy on the local VN sites.

THIGV wrote:

Maybe a small room, apartment, no.

colinoscapee wrote:
THIGV wrote:

I saw several rooms 16m2-20m2 around 3 mill so well within his 4.5mill budget as long as he dont mind a room in a house not an apartment.

Andybris2020 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
THIGV wrote:

I saw several rooms 16m2-20m2 around 3 mill so well within his 4.5mill budget as long as he dont mind a room in a house not an apartment.

Well, he did ask for...

mickyshv wrote:

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Well, he did ask for...

mickyshv wrote:

My mistake, I saw room in share house for 1.6mill and then rooms for 3mill I missed posting the apartment I saw later for 3.2mill and Studio full funished apartment for 4mill.

mickyshv wrote:

Using English language sources, it's probably best to start out with Airbnb and make sure you plug in at least 28 days for your initial stay.

That way the discounted rates if any will show up.

Airbnb rates can be anywhere from 20% to 50% more than a Vietnamese landlord might be willing to rent on a long-term lease.

They're not going to give you any sort of a discount long distance, but when you arrive in the area you can use the "contact landlord" link to request seeing the property in person before renting.

At that time if you like the place you can make your best pitch for a long-term (6 months or more) discounted rate.

Prospective landlords and rental agents are also all over the pertinent Face.book groups.

If you were to post something as simple as your OP there, they would be all over you like white on rice.

This would be so much easier to do if you have a Vietnamese friend helping you, and if you are physically in Vietnam.

Another option is to Google map search hotel apartments.

Many of the smaller independent hotels are converting some or all rooms to studio apartments by adding a kitchenette.

That wouldn't be the one bedroom you're looking for, but it might be more in line with your budget.

Based on the one time I searched for housing while in HCMC in 2019, you will be very hard pressed to find any sort of decent & livable one bedroom apartment for $200

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
mickyshv wrote:

Using English language sources, it's probably best to start out with Airbnb and make sure you plug in at least 28 days for your initial stay.

Airbnb rates can be anywhere from 20% to 50% more than a Vietnamese landlord might be willing to rent on a long-term lease.

They're not going to give you any sort of a discount long distance, but when you arrive in the area you can use the "contact landlord" link to request seeing the property in person before renting.

At that time if you like the place you can make your best pitch for a long-term (6 months or more) discounted rate.

Prospective landlords and rental agents are also all over the pertinent Face.book groups.

If you were to post something as simple as your OP there, they would be all over you like white on rice.

This would be so much easier to do if you have a Vietnamese friend helping you, and if you are physically in Vietnam.

Many of the smaller independent hotels are converting some or all rooms to studio apartments by adding a kitchenette.

That wouldn't be the one bedroom you're looking for, but it might be more in line with your budget.

Based on the one time I searched for housing while in HCMC in 2019, you will be very hard pressed to find any sort of decent & livable one bedroom apartment for $200

Before covid,,,,

Andybris2020 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
mickyshv wrote:

Before covid,,,,

Here in Vung Tau it seems to be the opposite, many places being offered at prices similar to Thao Dien.

Due to COVID-19, I moved from center city (HCMC) to Mizuki Park, Binh Chanh 2 years ago.
It was safe and comfortable living.
Survived with poor business during this period of multiple lockdowns !
Now it's time to go back to the old place.

I am also looking for some 30-40m2 space. It's easy to rent a 2 bedroom apartment if someone want to share. Because after Tet, studio apartments are asking more than the market price.
Agents are no difference - more rent means more commission to them :D
Real estate agents and immigration agents has no mercy on Covid-19  time. They just want a leg or arm of foreigners!

Actually, here in Mizuki Park, I have lot of space to fly drones :D

https://i.postimg.cc/k43Zn1rd/4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qMRmdVt3/10.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Xv3d4d2z/1.jpg

Living is just fine but business is difficult here.

charmavietnam wrote:

Actually, here in Mizuki Park, I have lot of space to fly drones :D

[img align=c]https://i.postimg.cc/k43Zn1rd/4.jpg[/url]

[img align=c]https://i.postimg.cc/qMRmdVt3/10.jpg[/url]

[img align=c]https://i.postimg.cc/Xv3d4d2z/1.jpg[/url]

Living is just fine but business is difficult here.

Your lucky I lived in Phu Nhuan and it was in restricted zone for DJI I had to get permission in the app each time,,, you have no idea how many times I had to inspect me leaky roof,, even though no rain for 6 months hahahaha.
Im now in a clear zone and can fly anytime  :top:

Update: Beating Covid-19
From this year, we, courageous people will face COVID-19 with all our power :D
Part of that, I just moved to Co Giang, Q1, HCMC. Anyone want to come?
Rent is cheap this time, if you really want to move.
Tailpiece: One of my acquaintance took 3 shots but got Covid-19 2 times before and after Tet! Second time she treated at home herself (now just need to follow and treat the symptoms like flu) and get back to work after 1 week!

Another friend of mine have a 7 year old kid got COVID-19 from international school. She treated at home and tested negative after 1 week and started schooling from yesterday!

So guys! Now this is our time to get back to old self.
Secret: I didn't get any COVID-19 shots!
Just following 5Ks