The secrets of being accepted to the US college

I plan to move to USA to obtain a higher education. I have rather good academic performance, always attend classes, so on. In other words, I'm a diligent student. But I heard that admissions to US institutions are rather difficult. Can someone tell me what can help me succeed?

It's a pity that no one get interested in my topic, because I planned to make it a source of information for the future US students.
However, I found a good solution for my problem and I want to share it here. I relied on people's help, but I kept trying to carry out my own research that turned out to be very productive. Perhaps, someone will consider this information useful and will need it. The first source that helped me was Stanford blog https://hai.stanford.edu/news/blog  — I got some time-managing tips and recommendations that helped me to spend less time on homework. I also found the article on creating a personal statement. I talked to many US students and they said that this paper plays a big role in admission. The guide let me understand the basic principles of academic writing and craft an outline for my project . https://stanforddaily.com/ newspaper turned out to be a great source of general information for my project. If someone still has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

mikesam2007 wrote:

Greetings, Hope you are fine. I need help with US education. Although I would like to study in the US, I am not very proficient in English. Is it possible to continue studying in the U.S. without IELTS? If yes, please tell me what the requirements are.

If you're not proficient in English, how do you expect to understand lectures and complete coursework where the language of instruction is English?

Instead of trying to bypass IELTS, you might focus on improving your English first so you can achieve a good IELTS score.

20 years ago it used to be entrance exam scores and school marks (or GPA) and extracurriculars. I'm not sure what they go by now, probably programming ability or something...