Looking for contacts in English or German on the island

Hi.
My name is Nina (40 years old) and we (my husband) moved to Guadeloupe in October 2021. The island with your flair inspired us. We are Germans and were therefore able to enter easily. We haven't lived in Germany since 2018 and have lived in Uruguay for the last few years. Unfortunately, since we are not yet good at French, we are looking for contacts in English or German on the island.
For example, we would like to learn more about the local cuisine or about the health system.
I look forward to contact requests from you.

Bonjour Nina, mon nom est Wouter et je suis Néerlandais, I am Dutch und ich spreche auch Deutsch, I live in France - Charente but will move very soon april oder mai nach Guadeloupe, ich möchte sagen lerne Französich.
We keep in touch if you need more info about health system etc.

Hello Wouter. I'm glad you wrote me an answer. I thought the forum here is not that active. Yes, of course you are right and we urgently need to learn French. We are already in contact with a German woman who lives in France and is a German teacher there. She can give us lessons online. At the moment it's time to build up vocabulary. The difficulty here in Guadeloupe is that everyone just wants to make phone calls. In Uruguay, all orders, doctor's appointments or anything else went via Whatsapp. It was also strange at the time when we came there from Germany. But it's easier to communicate via text than calling if you don't speak the language yet.
I would be happy if you get in touch again when you are here. We can then certainly meet and have a nice chat. Nina

Hello Nina,

Yes that's a problem here in France, people are afraid of using e-mail and like to use the telephone, I prefer e-mail cause it's very difficult to understand them by phone, where do you live in Gwada, I am moving in april or May, depending on the signing of the Acte de Vente of my house here in the Charente.
I am staying in Paradis Tropical Baillif and then I look for a house for rent somewhere in Basse-Terre or Sud Grande-Terre, are you and your husband working in Guadeloupe ?

The Compromis de Vente is signed yesterday so now waiting 10 days cooling down period.
I have arranged for the 6 - 15 of april, so we will see of that can be done or I have to change the dates.

See you , auf wiedersehen !

@Guest123089 Hi Wouter, I saw your message only today. Have you already arrived in Guadeloupe? We will be arriving in August. I could not send you a direct message but I would love to hear how you are doing and where you are living at the moment. Greetings, Sabine.

@NRinner Hi Nina, we will be arriving in Guadeloupe at the end of August. Maybe nice to catch up one day? We are Dutch, living in France at the moment and moving to Guadeloupe. Greetings, Sabine.

@NRinner Hi Nina, we will be arriving in Guadeloupe at the end of August. Maybe nice to catch up one day? We are Dutch, living in France at the moment and moving to Guadeloupe. Greetings, Sabine.

- @lolakatola

Hello Sabine,
If you are in Guadeloupe in August, please let us know. We can definitely meet. We are only just learning French and cannot yet converse in this language. English would work or do you happen to speak German as well?1f601.svg Greetings, Nina