Retiring in Mauritius

Does anyone have any information on the legal requirements for retiring to Mauritius.  We are looking at world possibilities for retiring at the age of 60.  We love the outdoors, watersports, sun, sea and sand.

Go to Forum

Has anyone bought a property in Mauritius before?

A good one has put up a good link about coming
to retire in Mauritius.

I wouldn't recommend you this island.
Criminality is high.
I have build a house there.
My wife is Mauritian.

Maynris > you'll have to demand an occupation permit as retiree and bring 50,000 USD per year. The registration form is here: http://www.boimauritius.com/wnlwnlresou … ntForm.pdf

Don't pay too much attention to alaintier post, I've been in Mauritius for 2 years and I never had any problem. I supposed he had a regrettable experience in Mauritius (I am sorry for him), but it's not everyone's case.

Hello Julien,

Firstly,thank you for the diving instructor phone number. Unfortunately my partner had already booked a open water diving course with a hotel. The course was great however we did not know these courses were so expensive!

Please, can I ask you something else?

If I open a business or company in Mauritius, can we stay? Will I need to get a minimum sales gross turnover per year to get a permanent residence permit?
At the moment, my partner has got his work permit and I don't work but once this one finishes, and if I have opened a business, I assume that because we are married, he will automatically also get a work permit and we will be able to stay, am I correct?

Thank you very much in advance.

Yes . Your company sales income must be minimum 3 millions rupees per year on the first 3 years

you can also work as a self employed (minimum 600 000 rs per year)

I am a Mauritian citizen married to a Canadian. We are thinking about retiring in Mauritius. Would there be any restrictions regarding my husband residency?
Thanks
jonesgopall

Hi jonesgopall,

as you are married you shouldn't have any problem

Hi Julien,
         That's good news- thank you. Would you happen to know if I would recieve a pension from Mauritius government even though I left long ago?
  Best wishes
jonesgopall

no idea :/

yes you are entitled to the mauritian pension plan if you go back to live in mauritius once you reach 60
this pension is a fixed rate
wether you worked 0 day or 50 years on the island
it's roughly cdn $80 a month