Romanian Long Stay Visa From Cape Town South Africa

Hi :)

I am just back in South Africa from Romania, I am applying for a Long Stay Family Reunification Visa
as I just married my husband in November 2021 while in Oradea on a short stay visa.

I just wanted to know from any South Africans (or anyone who's been through the process) if the long stay visa is a lengthy one?

I applied online with evisa and the application has been sent for validation but I have not heard back.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tayla

Hello Tayla,
you can check your app status online & also you ll receive notification by email, about visa period it depends on your profile in your case its family reunification visa type upto 3 months , then 6-12 months, it totally depends on your profile if you have provided enough solid proofs about your relationship, most likely you ll get minimum 6 months extendable visa.

Thank you so much for the reply, I appreciate it! Best Regards, Tayla :)

Hi Tayla, Can you update about your visa??

Raja Zaka Ullah Janjua wrote:

Why?

Hi,

I am currently back in Romania, my long stay visa took all of two weeks to process.

Keep well All, 

Tayla

I also submitted my application. they did my interview and said wait 1 month for decision.
Did they ask you any questions?

Nothing in particular, just made sure all my paper work was correct& they asked if I had any family members in Romania besides my husband- so father/mother in law, brother/sister inlaw etc

One More Question, Was your status changed on the portal or not? and how long its took for you?

Raja Zaka Ullah Janjua wrote:

Why?

- @SimCityAT
**** - @Ahmad Yar
Let me remind you that you're posting on a public forum, so once you pose a question or post something, it becomes anyone's business!  Use the PM system if you wish to discuss something privately.  Abusive comments aren't welcomed on this platform, per the Forum Code of Conduct.

Hello all,

Please note that some posts have been removed from this thread.

This forum is a friendly space, we will not allow any offensive posts

Kindly read the ROMANIA FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT for a better understanding of the forum works.

Thank you,

Cheryl
Expat.com team