I want to start a business in Colombia from the US

Hi everyone my name is Alex,

I am looking to move from US to Colombia. But I also want to start a business from US to make the transition easier. So I have a few questions and any information is greatly appreciated.

1. What would I need to start a business from US?
2. Are there any laws that would make this difficult?
3. Has anyone here done the same?
5 what advise can anyone give me regarding what I am trying to do?

I have over 6 years of experience in Colombia. I now live in RioNegro and starting a business here that I believe will be a great success and I'm looking for a partner. I have many friends here in Colombia and have a BA and JD degree. It is best to chat if you want help or information. Larry Glickman [link moderated]

Are your former employment references or education listed under a name other than that stated above? If yes, please indicate former name. *

metidjiabdelkader65 wrote:

Are your former employment references or education listed under a name other than that stated above? If yes, please indicate former name. *

Please tell us just why you want this person (whomever you are referring to) to reveal his/her name, former or otherwise, to YOU in an internet forum.  Make it interesting.

I think the opportunity to do this depends on what you have to invest.  For example, I would look at food franchises that have a track record of success in the U.S. and that can provide good international support.  I would then go through the training required by the franchise company and then take it to Colombia.

buy a Dollar City franchise and your set,  dont bother with anything else especially food
Colombians are set in there ways with food even though it is horrible and unhealthy
just look at the lines at the clinics there is a reason for high blood pressure and cholesterol

Speaking with ignorance is dangerous, unless you understand the system and why the lines at the clinics, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

The bad health in Colombia has more to do with alcohol than unhealthy food.  We are the experts in unhealthy food.

Members, please note that this is not the classified section.

The Home Office is reviewing recent posts .. and is expected to weigh in presently.

cccmedia
Expat.com experts team