Simplified procedures for for foreigners' Vietnam entry (@Budman1)

A document that simplifies procedures for foreigners entering the country approved by the Vietnamese government on January 18 took effect immediately, says foreign ministry spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang.
"The decision takes effect on the date of signing," Hang confirmed at a Thursday's press conference in response to a question by VnExpress International.

She said that Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh has agreed in principle to simplify administrative procedures for foreigners entering Vietnam.

Accordingly, foreign arrivals with valid papers, including visa, visa exemption, residency card and temporary residence card will be allowed to enter Vietnam without having to obtain prior permission from the Immigration Department under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and local authorities.

Previously, anyone wanting to enter Vietnam had to prepare a list of documents including approvals from the People's Committee and the Department of Immigration, proof of vaccination, PCR test results and a health insurance certificate for quarantine.

On January 1, Vietnam partially reopened regular commercial flights on nine international routes covering China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, and the U.S.

Hang said that people who do not have all the above mentioned documents have to obtain approval from provinces and related ministries under the Law on Foreigners' Entry Into, Exit From, Transit Through, and Residence in Vietnam.

The regulation also applies to overseas Vietnamese and their relatives, she added.

Hang said Vietnam currently accepts vaccine passports from 79 countries and territories.

The 10 countries that accept Vietnam vaccine passports are: Australia, Belarus, Cambodia, India, Japan, Maldives, Palestine, the Philippines, the U.K. and the U.S.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Info from Budman1's post Here

Link to story

Hi Andybris2020,

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Priscilla wrote:

Hi Andybris2020,

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Dont you think you are congratulating the wrong person here. All the guy Andybris2020 did was copy the link that Budman posted earlier word for word & posted it under a new heading. I think most of us on the forum are quite capable on clicking on a link & reading it.

Priscilla wrote:

Hi Andybris2020,

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

As the guy GOB pointed out all I did was put it in it's own thread so easier to see ....

goodolboy wrote:
Priscilla wrote:

Hi Andybris2020,

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Dont you think you are congratulating the wrong person here. All the guy Andybris2020 did was copy the link that Budman posted earlier word for word & posted it under a new heading. I think most of us on the forum are quite capable on clicking on a link & reading it.

It has Budmans name on the title plus a link to his origional post all I did was copy paste the info so it was in it's own thread so easier to see - the link was inside a business topic thread which some people may not have been interested in so may have missed.

I also told Budman what I did "Thats great info Rick - I'll copy paste it for everyone to see in its own thread." so I wasnt trying to steal anyones thunder.

> > For folks catching up, here's the play by play:

Andy posts something from Bud, with public attribution.  :gloria
Priscilla give Andy special sticker for good job.  :one  Doesn't mention Bud:o
Gob squeals at Andy. :mad: Hopes Bud will see he (Gob) is his best bud.   :par:
Andy goes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
Andy says "not fair".  :(  Sucks up to Bud too.  :par:

> > Next episode:

Will Priscilla apologize and give Bud his rightful sticker ?  :/
Will Bud summon Gob to cool his jets?   :dumbom:
Will Gob and Andy  :par:  ?
Will the expats care?   :sleep

gobot wrote:

Andy goes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

> > Next episode:

:lol::cool::top::dumbom:

goodolboy wrote:
gobot wrote:

Andy goes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

> > Next episode:

:lol::cool::top::dumbom:

Gobot leaves his hem Q8 ghetto and starts a new job  :unsure
Gobot now the site comedian and MC  :up:
Thing is will expats roll around the floor laughing their asses off  :/
Maybe seeing we are all bored  :top:

@Andy, your last two statements are so true!  This is what this forum is about:  we'll take all the good and bad and laugh our A@# off!   Again, thanks for sharing!

Hello guys,

OMG, my bad !  :dumbom:
You are absolutely right guys !  :lol:

First of all i would like to thank budman for posting this information here and also thanks to Andybris for sharing it again with all of us. :)

Take care,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

So glad that's all settled, though it's my sense (after interacting with him for about 4 years here in the forum) that Rick is one of the least likely members to give a sh*t whether he gets credit for stuff that he shares.

Maybe I'm wrong...

:dumbom:

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

So glad that's all settled, though it's my sense (after interacting with him for about 4 years here in the forum) that Rick is one of the least likely members to give a sh*t whether he gets credit for stuff that he shares.

Maybe I'm wrong...

Grab some popcorn Gobot will be along shortly with more comedy gold  :lol:

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong...

So hello all boys and girls, I hope you all are well and healthy there...
I think its that time something positive is browing for new international arivals ...
Tried to find some new news about entering VN but everything is so messy...
Any reall current news guys, OB always well informed haha ?
Lets say I am in Thailand ATM, can I enter VN without quarantine restrictions?

Stay safe there guys

AUStan wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong...

So hello all boys and girls, I hope you all are well and healthy there...
I think its that time something positive is browing for new international arivals ...
Tried to find some new news about entering VN but everything is so messy...
Any reall current news guys, OB always well informed haha ?
Lets say I am in Thailand ATM, can I enter VN without quarantine restrictions?

Stay safe there guys

Not yet, but things are definitely moving in that direction for tourist visas.

One opinion is that it will happen as early as the end of April.

But some think it will be sooner and others think it won't be until June.

Just take a look at some of the threads that have been active recently and there's been a lot of discussion you can read.

The only way you can come in right now as a tourist is to be a part of a tour group with a restricted itinerary.

Thanks OB, will try to dig for more...
So as I understand, even you can't go back to be with your partner?
So strick...

yipeeeeeee

goodolboy wrote:

yipeeeeeee

Good to hear from you Goodolboy, glad you still young haha
I've read Thailand is open for international tourists from 1 of Feb, you must spend first day in designed hotel to get tested, after that you have to spend fifth day for a test in hotel and after that you can travel anywhere you like.
VN is open for tourists from Thailand with any international passport..so here you go, solution !
I just had my first that "vaccine " haha, after second will try to come and see you guys, if another armi corn will not attack,,,

AUStan wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

yipeeeeeee

Good to hear from you Goodolboy, glad you still young haha
I've read Thailand is open for international tourists from 1 of Feb, you must spend first day in designed hotel to get tested, after that you have to spend fifth day for a test in hotel and after that you can travel anywhere you like.
VN is open for tourists from Thailand with any international passport..so here you go, solution !
I just had my first that "vaccine " haha, after second will try to come and see you guys, if another armi corn will not attack,,,

Still here in Vietnam AUStan, hanging in by the skin of my teeth, roll on the return of the Visa runs/flights to BKK I say, breaks the monotony!!, go see all my friends in Soi Cowboy

:lol:
Good to hear mate, is that easy to go Thai and back?
I must hurry up then, wasted 2 years waiting

Priscilla wrote:

Hello guys,

OMG, my bad !  :dumbom:
You are absolutely right guys !  :lol:

First of all i would like to thank budman for posting this information here and also thanks to Andybris for sharing it again with all of us. :)

Take care,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

"Men, we need to have a meeting."
https://iili.io/l6vF6l.jpg

"This is Priscilla and she is swell for a gurl.
I say we let her join the club.

If you don't like it, you can fight me".
https://iili.io/l6vfF2.jpg

"Okee-dokee!"  "Oh-Tay!"
https://iili.io/l6v3G4.jpg

Americana:
Our Gang/Little Rascals was a series of film shorts between 1922 and 1944 about poor city kids.

"Foreign arrivals with valid papers, including visa, visa exemption, residency card and temporary residence card"
What are Valid papers not including visa, visa exemption, residency card and temporary residence card?

lifeisgoodok wrote:

"Foreign arrivals with valid papers, including visa, visa exemption, residency card and temporary residence card"
What are Valid papers not including visa, visa exemption, residency card and temporary residence card?

Basically unless you have a VEC, TRC, business visa or tourist visa tied specifically to a tour you aren't getting in.