New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Turkey forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Turkey if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone,

Great to join this community - I'm interested in learning more about obtaining residence in Turkey, renting a modest apartment in Istanbul, and working there as a digital nomad.

I've visited Turkey several times in the past decade and can speak conversational Turkish, so I'm quite familiar with the culture.

I welcome insight on trustworthy agencies (real estate, relocation, etc.) that could provide advice or recommendations to someone in my position.

Çok teşekkürler!

Evening everyone!

I've come across this site, while looking for more information from Expats in Turkey! Or should I say guidance 🤣

My partner has a job in Izmir and is out there for 6 wks at a time, then comes back to England to see me and our Children!

Which is proving to a real struggle, we all miss him a lot!

The plan is to move as a family over there!

So We are looking in kusadasi area, in fact we are viewing a villa tomorrow (he's viewing while video calling me) :(

We've just accepted an offer on Uk house, and now I'm panicking and  fretting!

Has anyone here moved to this area?
I've school age children, that we need to find schools for, any hints and tips?  I'm aware we need to pay for schooling for a English curricular led school.

Is there dos and dont's?

If you have made this giant leap, please feel free to tell me your journey and how it's going?

Thank you for reading, hope to hear from you soon x

Nikki

Hello everyone, how are you please, is it possible that we can contact each other on WhatsApp?  If yes you join me on *****thank you for giving me your contact and also for the confidence
Moderated by Djameel last year
Reason : Please share contact details via private message, thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone, is it possible for someone to find the babysitter or house help job in  in turkey us a foreigner ,if the answer is Yes, does this platform help people to get the job or not

Hello  friends on this platform , iam 35 years old  and  iam looking for a nanny babysitter job In any part of turkey ,  iam a hard working woman , speaking English

Mr George, thank you for referencing your book in your post.  Upon a DuckDuckGo search (hate Google), the reviews are outstanding as you mention as it is described as highly entertaining, informative and moving.  I hope to also become an expat once my college freshman son gives us confidence he can go it alone.  I will be purchasing a copy today.

😎

Gino WOW...that is amazing. Thank you. If you have any questions about Turkey please just ask. Good luck!

Hi there,
I am new to expat. Com, i live in Kenya but planning to move to Turkey if possible to work there as a househelp. What do i need to qualify?

Hi All: 

New to the forum.  My husband and I are from the United States but travel to Turkey a few times a year.  We have just finished purchasing a property in Istanbul and will be trying to live there at least part of the year.  Looking for any recommendations on buying furniture/household items as we are starting entirely from scratch - it makes more sense to just buy there than ship from the US. 

We are also looking for suggestions on programs to learn Turkish.  We know some basics but really need to improve on that

Thanks, all!

Hello, my name is Rick Lowe, I am coming with my wife to live in Belek Turkey. I am a ex British army Warrant officer from Royal Army Physical Training Corps. I am an expert in fitness training and also a fully qualified Golf fitness coach and mental performance coach. I would love to get some part time work in Turkey and would welcome any suggestions. Thank you and hello.

Hi There , I just moved to Istanbul, I highly recommend that you rent for the first year , somewhere close to the school , and as you go you learn the area and what fits your needs best .

I'm. Nomad.

Lived in so many countries and now been stuck in uk due to pandemic. My status has changed and recently widowed.  I feel so drawn to Alanya in Turkey and woukd like to live there as a retiree as uk life dies not suit me. As I am alone where do I start and do so safely as I am not used to being solo so all very new to me. Any Scot's out there to befriend perhaps? I have decent pensions so that's not a problem. I woukd rent first in a safe but nor remote area, hoping there are other ladies in my situation who know where and how?

Hello there y'all im so glad to meet this wonderful interesting people
I am mostafa aka Mr.vision a 25 years old boy searching for truth and adventure..😉
Its not just Istanbul you know i wanna be around the world and make money as possible as i can so I'll push myself to reach that goal
(If you want to help the poor dont be one)
So any advices or anything from any of you will be a big time help for me so plz im open for anything.
Tell me about Istanbul is it good for social marketing 🤔 or achieve financial freedom  of course with alot of hard work and dedication!??

hi my name is noman i live in pakistan , but want to settle in turkey, i have 3 kids age 10, 13, or 16 studying in standard 4,8 or o level, just concern about kids education, they are in english medium school, so i want them to get admission in english curriculum school, also i want to invest money so i can easily survive, many plans i have made, if any one comment ...  please welcome

Hi everyone

I'm new here looking for information about Turkey

Hello everyone, I'm glad to be part of this amazing community. I'm here to learn more in Obtaining a resident permit in Turkey and to work as a Teacher (English Language) or Administrative assistant in Instanbul.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I invite you all to read the Living in Turkey guide.

If you have any specific questions, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Turkey forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hello everyone,
I am Gökhan Vural, a professional-general lawyer from turkey also an authorized translator should your travels take you to the best place on earth don't hesitate to try and reach out for help. Would be glad to help you out.

Hi Nikki , I'm Emma from the uk and living in Izmir unfortunately I can't advise on schools as my children are grown up but there are many schools in the area to choose from the people are very friendly here too I live with my Turkish boyfriend in Izmir it's a beautiful place, hope your how sale goes smoothly and you will be out here soon for summer , it's surprising how many English speaking people have moved to the area and it helps  if your not fluent in Turkish
Keep in touch if you move to kusadasi as it not far from me
Kind regards
Emma

Hi

I came across your post on expat.com. I've been to turkey couple of times. Bodrum  and Antalya. We love Antalya and want to spend sometime there. Is there a gated safe community with a house that has a spacious garden where kids can play safe. Also is there special school for children with autism if I decide in future to apply for residency.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my message.

I hope to hear from you soon
Yaz

Kuşadası is in Aydın Province not İzmir...

Hi Forum members,

I am planning retirement, from a technical job in Australia to Mediterranean coast of Turkey. My natural interests would be sharing information about travel, real estate, culture, etc., Look forward to interacting with forum members, especially those from India and Pakistan about these topics of interest and seeking help and insights from their experiences.

Stay blessed

Hello am Aliraza from pakistan .I don't know anything about turkey and their culture. i would like to move to turkey and work with regularity, by ounctuation. .so I need your guidance thanks

Hi everyone. My name is Rebecca and I joined this forum a few weeks ago. I used to live in Turkey, in Denizli for a short time and then Izmir for 5 years. I am now back living in the UK with my family (2 young children and Turkish husband) but hope to move back to Turkey one day. I have friends and family over there and it has a special place in my heart. *** I look forward to getting to know you all more. Rebecca

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : External link.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on this forum!  :cheers:

@aliraza31032, for a start, I suggest that you read the Living in Turkey guide.

@rebeccaay, how can we assist you?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Good day I'm maria from Philippines 37 years old and currently living here...I've experienced to be nanny to my niece and nephew for 18 years..when they are 1 year old I'm the one who changed their diaper feeding them and send them to hospital when they are not feeling well..when they begin in school I teach them some activities for their age and teach them to draw, memorize alphabet and number and colors as they grow I teach them good moral and right conduct how to deal person they met...I do also house hold course like cleaning, cooking,washing clothes and I'm willing to learn to cook turkies dishes and your language I hope that someone will help me find work as a nanny in country turkey with my care I assured you that your child is in good hands I will love him like you love him...to my future employer I'm be happy to serve your family thank you and God bless you...

Hello I am working as a real estate agency located in Izmir and if you have any questions about Izmir and Manisa I would like to help you. My name is Sinem.

Hi dears,
My background is Air Force and aviation as a pilot.
I am 62 years old and still eligible for my profession.
I quit working as of 2015 and run after my childhood dream: having and living in a sailboat.
With my wife's support, we found our dream boat in Marmaris and we moved to Marmaris from İstanbul as of 2016.
We are very happy here in Marmaris, especially during Spring, Fall and Winter seasons; it is just like being in Heaven.
Since the beginning of 2021 this Heaven has been disturbed due to rockette speed increasing marina fees and € based maintenance  fees.
So, we join this community  by the expectation of finding friends  to join us for sailing by compansating our expenses.
Kind regards.🙂

Hi Just arrived in Izmir.  Wanting to meet new people.  ***

I am happy to meet you!

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.

Hello am Joyce from Kenya ,I have a friend a Turkish who has invited me to come and work in turkey,so I just want to know if turkey people are friendly and if the place is condusive to stay in. Please help

If you have a friend inviting you, he should deal with the permit to stay and work (are you sure?). I suppose you are coming from Kenya, I think you will find some challeges, Turkish people are VERY friendly I have to say, hospital, but they might have some views on other races (not all), but in my view from Kenya things in Western Europe is probably easier (where I come from).
If he is your friend he should give his views, getting a working permit in Turkey is difficult, if you are married to a Turkish citizen it might be much much easier, but did you decide on that? (being unofficially employed in Turkey is a criminal offence and you might be in big trouble).

Just saying, contract of employment with bureaucracy/marriage, what do you have, and very important WHY did your friend not tell about views against black people in Turkey,

I do not know your friend, but he/she should tell you something.
@fdogans If you can afford a sailing boat you are rich, also other options (perhaps Alanya) are possible, dealing with other people and sharing asking for problems, otherwise just rent for a few weeks.
Good luck, but my advice stay away from sharing, Turkey is cheap and as ex-pilot you should have enough means, no problems with others I would say.

Am Justine female Ugandan who want to join turkey in good Time to come am hard working and self motivated thank you

Hi everyone,

I have come to realize that most people in Türkiye donˋt speak english. For that reason I am looking for someone who is interested in teaching me some turkish. I am a quick learner and I am fluent in English, German and Farsi.
Hello all,

My name is William, hoping to move to Izmir & enroll my 2 sons (2nd & & 7Th grade) in an International school (American or British) in the city. Any info about schools are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

William

@Julien hello

@all hello I'm looking work in the beautiful turkey I was in China last 3 years

Welcome abord everyone!

Please do not hesitate to post all your questions on the Turkey forum, we're here to help

All my wishes of success in your projects,

Julien

nb: I have removed a couple of off topic messages from this thread
@Julien Perhaps I did not introduce myself properly, my wife and me are now living in Mahmutlar (51 and 60 respectively), we have no income, but we saved quite a bit over the years.
We are a Dutch couple and lived in (Netherlands (obviously), UK, Luxembourg, Hungary and now in Turkey (Alanya/Mahmutlar).

Perhaps we stay in Turkey until we die (I have some concerns on taxes on pensions when getting 65 (perhaps back to Hungary or even Netherlands), lets see. But as I see it we will stay here until 65 at least).

Good things, people are friendly, so far climate is fine (even if a bit cold in winter), choice of vegs and fruits are excellent (more for my wife though). Butcher is very accomodating and they have lamb (and minced beef), excellent.
What is good (for me) cigarettes are incredibly cheap and even whishky (Jameson) is reasonably priced.
Going to a restaurant is a pleasure (and even if no budget constraints for 2 it can be from EUR 8 to EUR 40)) A plus for those accepting a modest environement but good food (and tea).

Nothing serious to complain (still moving from a house stand alone with nature (280m2) to an apartment of 150m2 is a change (by the way far too many toilets in Turkish apartment buildings (there will be a reason I think), but a waste of space).
Quite happy so far and I am quite happy (apart from noise of elevator (I sleep light).

Enough for now as far as introductions are concerned.

I remain disappointed with the Turkish forum, too little activity with genuine topics, too many with commercial propositionts (with the Hungary forum I was much more happy). I will try, even if I got shot by some of the members by me posting. (it already happened)
Closed