New members of the Peru forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Peru forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Peru if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,
My name is Lisa and my husband Phillip and I are starting our planning to move to Peru early next year after his retirement. We are planning a visit this fall for 2-3 weeks to get acclimated a little and look around for a new home base.
Peru seems to be a good choice for us because there is SO MUCH to see and do. Also the cost of living will help us stretch our retirement budget.
I'm looking forward to exploring expat.com and communicating with the members about so many things about Peru.
Lisa

Hi all,
my name is Armin, I was born in Germany and I am living in Peru since 2018.
Peru is a beautiful country and is so exciting to stay there and discover each day a little bit more of its people, nature, culture....awesome....
For sure we will meet soon :)
Armin
Hi,  I am married to a peruvian, and have been there numerous times in the past 28 years.  PLanning a 2 month trip in August.  I love Peru and may retire there some day though it will be hard to leave all the grandchildren, we have made sure our kids have their peru citizenships and are working on grandkids having the same! 
Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

For a start, I invite you all to read the Living in Peru guide and if you have any questions, feel free to create a new thread on the Peru forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Hi all,
My GF is originally from Lima but her family left when she was 15 and she has not been back since…. 23 yrs ago.
We are looking to go to Trujillo in November for two weeks one reason is a vacation and the other is to scout the place out to find a place to live as we would like to move there next year.
Asking if anyone can recommend an accommodation for 2 adults and two children  on a beach . Plus her aunt and grandmother from Lima will be joining us for about 5 of those days . Will need a place without a lot of stairs … would like to have a pool also for the kids . A kitchen if breakfast is not included

We won't have a car so we would also like to have restaurants and that close by.
Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks
Dear Shawn & Lourdes,

Welcome to the Peru forums of
Expat.com ...

Much as I'd like to comment on your plans
to visit coastal Trujillo, North Northwest of
Lima, the Expat.com Home Office wants us
to keep this thread dedicated to
self-intro's only .. and not discussions.

So I've commented instead on our new
Peru Mailbag thread, which is clickable
from the Peru forum's welcome page.

cccmedia
member, Expat.com experts team
Yo! I'm THE GREATEST GENIUS OF ALL TIME COLTON ROBTOY!

Looking to come to Lima for 6 Months sometime in the Next Year.....saw the Safe Neighborhoods were Miraflores and Barranco.....so gonna keep doing my Research.

I'm liking that it will be a Lower CoL than in the US.
Wow, I am planning on near December, not sure how long I will be there? I want to see several different countries before I say ok this is it! I am nervous, but have dreamed about this for years! Can't wait! Please I need all the advice and help I can get
Thank you.
Carlo Gonzalez
Dallas, TX
Dear Carlos,

Please tell us more about yourself and your
interests at the Mailbox thread, clickable off
the Colombia forum welcome page.
Then ask any questions relative to your plans.

The more specific you can be, the better
guidance you can expect.

cccmedia,
member, Expat.com experts team
Correction:  I meant to refer Carlos to the
Peru Mailbag thread, reachable off the
Peru forum's welcome page.

cccmedia

Hello All,

My name is Lee and after spending several months in Peru and Chile I have settled in Lima. Recently finished my working career and currently in an AIRBNB until the end of December. Now looking for a long term rental. I have been lucky to meet a Peruvian and her family who have shown me many things around Lima and Peru I would have never seen or done.

I hope the community is well and hope to meet some of you one day.  In San Isidro.

Lee

Hi Lee.  Just got back from 3 months traveling about in Peru.  Love the country! yea Lima and Peru are amazing!   Where are you from?

Hello!

it's Miky here, I have been living in Lima since September and will leave end of November, staying in Miraflore and has been amazing so far. Happy to connect with fellow expats.

Hello Miky,

Welcome on board !

Great to hear to had a pleasant experience ...  were you there as tourist or due to work ?

All the very best,

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013409

Thanks!

Closed