New members of the Panama forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Panama forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Panama if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Arriving in Panama City January 11th and want to look at properties either to buy or rent. I'm very outgoing and love concerts , movies and nightlife but also solitude in the mountains. Any suggestions? Thx

hi,  I want to move in panama too. hope to know more people here. I live in Montreal.  contact me please

pascal chino

I too plan to visit Panama and hopefully move there within I year. My favorite town so far is boquete. It seems to have a large expat population and looks quite beautiful. Good luck. Hope you can make the move you want.

Gerardo , am a American nationalized panameño Moved here 14 years ago never to reside in US again, this free country is now my home. I'm a retired officer of the Court and a current Investor , single middle age male.
For future  expats  and expats living here a big Welcome and a hug!

Hello my husband and I are healthy,  retired and thinking of moving. My questions revolve around Covid 19 and the restrictions/vaccination policies you faced before and currently. Thank you. Also health insurance, have things changed? 

@Julien

I have been reading about Costa Rica, Bouquet and David, Panama.  My husband and I are planning a trip to Panama, as it is suggested first. Complete retirement is 2024.  We plan to take this trip soon.

Hello everyone I am Peggy it's great to be a member of your group I've been in Panama city for a few weeks and adjusting to a new way of life,recently retired I am also adjusting to having free time to just be,I look forward to communicating with you guys,thanks again.

@Julien  Good morning everyone

Looking for retirement possibilities and will be travelling to Panama in May.  I will be starting in Panama City, then Coronado and then on to Boquete as all are options in my mind.

If you have been to any of these locations, which was your favorite and what did you love?

Thanks

Jenny
Panama City has a lot to offer but at our age, it was too much. We wanted something a bit more laid back. We've only visited Coronado. It's ok but I felt like we were in Naples Florida. We live in David and go to Boquete weekly (our band plays there). There are lots of expats and activities to get involved in, and it's really beautiful. We're happy in David though. It's warmer, much less expensive, everything we need is close by, and we enjoy living among the Panamanians. But that's just us. You'll have to see what feels good to you.
Hi all!   I'm in the investigation stage of potentially moving outside of the US and considering Panama.   I'm retired, but have quite a bit of personal business to wrap up before I can relocate to a new country.  Thank you for your contributions.  They help me in my search!
@jbilend

Hi Jennie,

Could you please share with us your observations from the road?   I am planning the same trip you are taking right now later this year.  I would appreciate information about car rentals in Panama, roads conditions, and overall driving experience.  Also, did you book your rentals in advance?   Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Thank you,

Margaret
Hello and welcome once again to the Panama forum everyone!

For those of you who are planning on moving there. I invite you to browse the Panama forum for discussions which might interest you, as well as the Living in Panama guide for further information about the destination.

Do not hesitate to create new discussions to ask about topics you need help with.

Best of luck

Djameel
Expat.com Team
Hello I am Li  from China ,I am planning to move to Panama with my family in 2 years ,Maybe the destination will be around Boquete or David city .I like traveling and  sports , beautiful mountains and quite life is my favorite, any suggestion please send me message Thanks a lot.
Hello Shawn Li,

Welcome to Expat.com1f60a.svg

To start, I suggest you read the guide "Living in Panama" to find some useful tips and information before settling there.

After the reading, feel free to create your own thread on the Panama forum to ask your questions if you have any.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Dear friend ,
Thank you very much .

Li
Hello:
My name is Tehany, I have a house for sale in Chiriqui Highlands, Panama Rep.
I´m open to negotiate and to send all the information you want and answering all the questions,

Thanks
Hello everyone, welcome on board !

Thank you everyone who have introduced themselves.

@ Tehany98, If you want to propose your house for sale, please drop an advert in the Housing in Panama section of the website.

The New member thread is dedicated to intros only.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna
My name is Leon.  I am a 4th generation Californian, living w/ a friend of over 30 years in the hills above Sacramento, below Tahoe.  We are sick to death of the way the climate has been changing here, hotter every year, drier every year, the fires are almost year round now and the smoke is taking it's toll.  Not to mention the insane cost of everything.  We were looking at moving to Washington State but the climate is going the same way as California and it's almost as expensive, no way we could afford to retire there.
My housemate stumbled upon Panama and now we are obsessed.  We are focused on the Chiriqui Province, in the hills.  I am a lover of orchids and have always wanted a bromeliad tree, with orchids and ferns.  I am also a lover of cooler weather, storms, fog, and just good old rain.  Where moss is happy, I am happy.  Sounds like the area around Volcan Baru just might be my idea of perfect.
We are working on a seven year plan to get there, learning the culture and Spanish now so it's not an issue later.  We cannot wait!  California is insane!  Fires, heat, drought, expense, expense, expense!  I never thought I'd leave it but now I can't wait to say goodbye.  Hope to be there soon soon soon!
Hi Leon. My daughter is in Santa Rosa. I love CA to visit but to live? All the things you said would definitely put me off. We are very relieved to be in Panama without the natural disasters, political strife, crazy cost of living, messed up health care system, daily stress, etc etc. We live in David, Chiriqui (10 years) and we are very happy. It's probably warmer than you would like, but in the mountains above us you can definitely find fog, orchids, bromeliads, tons of interesting flora and fauna and cooler temperatures. Kudos on learning Spanish. You'll have an easier and more enjoyable time, and the locals are super nice people.
Greetings to all. We are looking for options to expand our residency/citizenship South of the US border. So many beautiful places and friendly people.
The forums have been very helpful with recommendations and advise.
Hello everyone - I'm Denise, and I currently live in Austin TX but hope to move to Panama within the next couple of years.  I've got a trip booked September 2-12 and hope to see as much of the country as possible, in addition to understanding residency options. 

Ultimately, I'd love to be near the beach but also would like to avoid driving if possible so finding a place that is affordable, near the beach and also walkable may prove challenging.  I also plan to bring my two dogs, and i have a strong preference for a modest home with a small yard over a fancy condo. Looking forward to learning more here as well! 
My phone number is ****
Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Presently I am close to you, I am in San Antonio, Texas. I will be in Panamá In August 14th.

Have a great day.

Mery
Dennis , my phone number was delete it. Please, write
To : ***

Mery
Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanges through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Private message is the best way to share personal info. It gets deleted in the public forum for safety and privacy reasons.
How I can do that
Click on the name of the person you want to write to, and you'll see "send a message" on that page.
Greetings,

I'm considering moving to Panama. I currently live in Toronto, Canada. Ideally I'd like to move there before I retire (which is still 8 years away). I'm going to visit next May and looking forward to it. I have so many questions, but I'm sure as I continue to research I will answer some of them.
@lewisrylee925

I moved from Florida to Panama in July.  Any questions you may have, I can add answers.  I live in the Brisas Del Golf area which is about 20 minutes from Panama City if you take the corridor (toll road).  I flew here with three pets and within this past month have found housing, started work, have a bank account, a car, insurance and a Panapass for the toll roads.  Let me know if I can be of help.
star
ssmith338, thank you so much that is very kind and generous of you and I'm sure I'll take you up on your offer to pick your brain.

All the best!
I moved to Panama City in November of 2021 but have been too busy with work to have had a chance to do very much.  I have checked things like Meetup but there don't seem to be a lot of expats or expat activities in and around the city.  Can anyone make suggestions?
@SK_Panama
Hiu, you should try Internations, there are lots of groups on there, lots of regular meetings, mostly just social and a great bunch of people from all over, US; Canada, Germany, UK, Colombia, Venezuela, Japan, Brazil, Australia, Spain, and even frm Panama.

Planning an exploratory trip in October, looking mostly at Bocas Del Toro area, wanting that oceanside caribbean climate.  Hoping to talk withe expats already living part or full time in the area.

Hello everyone 🤗 I'm Mike. For about 15 years I've been drawn, for some reason, to move to Panama. I've never even visited yet! 😂 I'm planning to go to Panama at the end of this month for my 1st trip.

Hello michaelbarton80,

Welcome to expat.com!

Are you planning to settle there or is it a simple visit?

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee just visiting this month, but considering the move for the near future.

I am/was looking at Equador for my retirement. Getting pretty crowded down there! Panama is in my sights. I'm 61 and single. I figured I'd get more info.

Hello everyone,

@michaelbarton80 and @dmtyler61, I invite both of you to read the Living in Panama guide for expats.

After that, if you want to start a new thread on the Panama forum to discuss different topics with other members of the forum, feel free to do it.1f609.svg

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello,

I arrived in January and spent about six months in Colón before I came to Panama City a month ago.

I plan to live here permanently. I do speak Spanish and worked as a Spanish and English language teacher in Norway prior to retiring in December 2021 as a 62 year old.

I have started to attend an evangelical church in Calidonia, which is kind of far away since I am renting in San Antonio (close to Cerro Viento and Brisas del Golf).

If anybody would like to contact me via the direct message system, feel free to do so.

Closed