New members of the Nicaragua forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Nicaragua forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Nicaragua if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hola!! Hello there...

My name is Brad, I'm a 51 year old single father living in Midland, Ontario, Canada.

I happened upon this site because I am anxiously looking for answers (the right ones, obviously!!) about moving and living in Nicaragua!!!

I have the same questions that I'm sure ALL of you have been asked, so...TELL ME!!!

Why did you decide to up and move to Nicaragua??

I am curious to know EVERYTHING about uprooting from Canada and living in paradise...and SOON...I have a two year plan (my daughter graduates high school in June 2023) so do your best to get me having a happy hour drink with you!!

In advance, thank you for taking your time to share with me...I TRULY appreciate it!!!

Brad

Brad,

My wife and I relocated and retired here 7 months ago. We are living in San Juan del sur. We have been coming here and Costa Rica for the last 10 years on vacations. The low cost of living, surfing for me and the people is what attracts us now to live here. We have our residency cards now so we dont have to make monthly trips to the Immigration dept  for renewals.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about relocating here.

Supeman

@Julien thank you.

@bwadge ask away.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your introduction !

Please note that if you have any questions, you should open a new thread on the Nicaragua forum.

Thank you in advance,

Bhavna

@Julien I was born in Nicaragua and my mom shipped me ( ;-))  to the US at the age of 15. During the Somoza regine most of my family either immigrated to the US or other countries or are deceased. I have been returning to may native country for the last 10 years but I find myself increasing my desired to move back or stay in Nicaragua for months at a time.

I'm a Navy vet, and retired as a college professor three years ago. Since then I have taken nature and people photography a serious endeavor. I'm also a RYT500 hours Yoga teacher.

I'm looking forward to help boost Nicaraguan economy and education in any way I can. Hope I can meet similar people from any nationality so we can share the passion to help others. By the way, I have NO interest in politics.

George Bonilla or

Jorge Bonilla

Great to have you onboard, George !

Have you contacted schools or any educational institutions/NGO yet ?

All the best,

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013053

Thanks!

Closed