New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hello, I  am jofelix1010, and I  am a US citizen. I am currently visiting Campeche and l love it.

I had been living in Veracruz, a block and a half away from the malecon.

Will be going back to the US for a couple of weeks. Upon my return, I will come back to Campeche to look for a furnished one bedroom apartment.

Suggestions please!

Hello jofelix1010,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

Please note that I have moved your post to the new member's thread.

Is there any specific topic that you would like to discuss on the Mexico forum?

For the apartment, I suggest you post an advert in the Housing in Mexico section.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien Hello All. Planning on moving to Mexico as an USA ex-Pat as soon as Nov. Loss of Jobs and financial situation allows us to come

for a 6 month stay and then decide if we want to live permanently. Need rental info and any other info you can help with, interested in

Huatulco area. Rental housing for me, my wife and our dog Bodhi. Thanks. Eric & Katie 

@Julien

Hi Julien: We bought an unfurnished condo in Cancun but may have to sell. Is it best to put some furniture in to get a good sale? Regards, Peter

Hello everyone and hope you're well.

@celtic1945 thank you for your message, may I suggest you to create a new topic please ?

This place is more to introduce yourself to other members.

I'm sure you'll find some help 1f600.svg

Have a nice day,

Mickael

Expat.com - Team

@Julien Hola! So happy to find this thread! I was confused about how to get started. I'm American living in Montana, spent years of winters on Maui and looking for my new winter homeland. Not familiar with Mexico to know where I may end up, I have limited Spanish skills, but have always gotten by wherever I've travelled. I'd like to spend a month this winter exploring around Tulum and further south, since I'm a part mountain girl, part water baby. I run meditation classes and retreats and I'm taking my own personal retreat this winter, so I'm looking for a quiet place to call home as I explore the area. Any suggestions on habitat as well as the best off-the-beaten path places to explore, I'd be very grateful. Faith Rose

Hi Faith Rose,

Welcome on board !

Thank you so much for your introduction. Feel free to participate on recent threads of the Mexico forum to interact with members.

All the very best,

Bhavna

@jofelix1010

Hi, yes Campeche is a great place. The best way to find a place is just look , owners have their number on the sign they put up. How is your Spanish?

Hello everyone and hope you're well.
@celtic1945 concerning , I advise you to create a new topic.
This place is more to introduce yourself to other members.

Have a nice day,
Mickael
Expat.com - Team
-@Mickael

You might want to change your wording Mickael. "your demand" isn't a very friendly way to talk about a request.

@Julien Hi, my name is Aida Nowark. My husband and I are thinking in going to Mexico to live our last part of our lives. I have been living in US with my husband for the past

30 years. We don't travel that much anymore and we just like peace and quiet. We have been working a lot and we think probably in 2 more years will be time to relocate there.

I have family in Mexico City but it is too crowded for us. Thanks.

Hi Faith Rose,
Welcome on board !

Thank you so much for your introduction. Feel free to participate on recent threads of the Mexico forum to interact with members.

All the very best,
Bhavna
-@Bhavna

Where from you dear

Welcome on board, Aida !

Hope you will find some useful information on the forum.

When was the last time you visited Mexico ?

Feel free to participate on the Mexico forum to gather as much information as possible from members already living there.

All the best,

Bhavna

@Julien Hola!

My name is Marlene and I moved to Dan Miguel de Allende on October 15 from Florida.. Since that time I've been going to some groups...I'm interested in Pilates, mahjongg playing....And in general MAKING NEW FRIENDS!  Most of the people I have met are extremely friendly however they are young.  I am Young in Spirit and mind and would love to make some new friends.  Most of the people in my age group have their established circle of friends.  I too want a circle of friends to meet, to do activities with, to laugh and enjoy my new life.

I am open to all suggestions ....

Thank you,

Marlene

Hi All, my wife and I currently live in New Mexico, where we work at a STEM university. About 3 years ago, I did a motorcycle adventure to the Baja, and I loved it! We would love to live in the Baja soon. At the very least I would like to retire there, but I would also be open to working there before I retire. I signed up here to get information to help us plan our future. Cheers! - Talon Newton

Hello Talon Newton,

Warm welcome to you !

Feel free to open a new topic on the Mexico forum with any question you might have so that members can guide you.

all the very best,

Bhavna

@Julien Good evening. My name is Scott Wermie. Originally from Canada, I moved to the United States in 1994. My wife and I decided to change our lives and now reside in Lake Chapala, Jalisco Mexico. I am an agent for Century 21 AccessMex. I am hopeful people will reach out to me should they need further information on housing in the Lake Chapala area or just life in general in this area of Mexico with a high Ex Pat population. My email address is: [link moderated] should you wish to contact me,

@Christina Joseph

hi Christina

if you are still considering a move to the QR area let's stay in touch. My 31 yr old son and his partner from Merida live inPlaya Del Carmen. I will be there in Jan and will be transiting to staying hopefully. I work on line.

I just signed up for this forum and my user name is : ***

Linda S

@Power360##

hi- I will be transitioning to QR in Jan.   My son lives and works there with partner from Merida.

I am an on line therapist and will be looking for help digital marketing to those in the area interested in therapy and/or chronic pain education. 

let's stay in touch

LindaS

Hi,

I am new to the forum. Planning on slowly transitioning to  Playa Del Carmen.  I have years of working as a Therapist (mental health)  and am passionate about lessening anxiety and natural management of chronic pain.

My 30 something son and his partner from

Merida live and work in Playa. Would love to meet other single ladies that are finding this to be a fun and creative time in their lives.  Thanks for this forum.

@Julien

hi - I joined over the weekend. Did not see my other introduction so I just posted a shortened version of it again. 

Thanks for doing this. !

Hoping to continue a relaxed version of my long-term work a a therapist so if my user name is too pushy just let me know and I will change it.  My work will mainly be on line but in person is preferable to a lot of folks, including me. 

Linda S

Hello Linda S,

Welcome on board !

Thank you for introducing yourself.

Should you need any info, feel free to open your own topic on the Mexico forum or reach out to our dear members on existing threads.

All the very best,

Bhavna

Ho! My name is Alex, currently staying in Cabo San Lucas with my small family, all Italians. I don't know yet what I'm looking for, but I'm sure I'll find it. Have a nice day everyone!

@Julien

Hi! Actually I've lived in Mexico City in Coyoacán for 35 years. Since the pandemic, it seems like things have changed, people having been affected in many different ways. I'm trying to get my b & b running again as well as some ELT (English Language Teaching) projects I'm working on. Would love to meet some other expats to work with me, possibly to help me run my business and collaborate with me on writing and editing. In general, I look forward to meeting and helping other expats with their concerns.

Leonora

@talonewton but where in Baja are you planning to retire?

@mgc352 making new friends is not rocket science. This can general be done by meeting other people (gringos) at a public activity or "scene" or you are "invited" to a private social event and meet the host's established circle of friends.

Here's an intro "line" if you see a group of Expats sitting at a café or other such similar situation, "Hi, I just moved here and haven't had the chance to speak English to anyone. My I join you for a little while."

Hello!

My name is Patrick. I recently stopped working as a clinical nurse and I am going to be traveling along the East Coast from Texas to the Yucatan Peninsula. I am thinking about bringing my surf board and an older S10 blazer. I have a variety of skills from accounting, construction, emergency medicine, finance and investments. I even tinker in automotive sports for fun. I would like to build a home in South America, screw off and watch America burn on television. Am I asking for too much?

I have been to Mexico a lot growing up in California. I know it has become a little more violent since I was in high school in the 1990's, but so has the US. I get very dark olive skin in the summer and I am frequently confused for being Hispanic, so I don't expect to stand out much. What's the risk profile right now? I don't care about Covid...

@Julien Hi! I'm Leonora an expat from NYC who has lived in Coyoacán in Mexico City for about 35 years. I've worked in ELT publishing for many years as well as had many other education related positions. I've done yoga for about 20 years and am an avid swimmer and reader.

I invite you to come by my house, La casa de todos, for some food, tips, or just to hang out. Would love to find an English teacher/yogi to collaborate with me on my English for Yogis project.

Feel free to get in touch with me!

@LittleRoci hello i am Laura i am italian, i am 45 yo and i am in cabo san lucas with my kids aged 19 and 15. We escaped italy s madness in january and we travelled around mexico since then. We are trying to build a new life ,a future for my sons and make new friends.sincerely this place is the most difficult to live and find a job in all the whole mexico. We would like to meet other expats and make new friends and find solutions together ☀️🌱

@Julien hello! I am Laura,45 italian single mum of two homeschoolers aged 19 and 15. We totally left italy and europe behind with no coming back. I was looking for a place far from the occidental madness made of burocracies,crazy cost of bills and everything, cold winters , mad lockdowns and mask and vaxxx mandates so....we arrived in January in mexico...we are still exploring it and at the moment we are stuck in baja California,los cabos, which is the worst place i have ever seen in mex,with the lowest vibes...we will leave here at the end of January and probably head again to Yucatan. We would like to make new friends and hang around together. We are fond of nature,ocean,history, cooking,living healthy, walking, learning,living off grid and prepping.we are also trying to find out Solutions on how to get residency and decent jobs here.....

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

Congrats on your move Laura !

Should you need any info, please open a new thread on the Mexico forum so that members can help you out.

All the very best,

Bhavna

@Bhavna thank you sure i will write!have a good day

@bollicina3

Hi Laura, glad you are well.

Merida, Yucatán is a safe city for living, with tons of activities to do (Pyramids, Cenotes, close to Cancún, Ocean, museums, etc) and it has a good way of urbanization with a good offer of schools and services.

You didn't specify what's your carreer, but you an give Italian lessons here:

https://www.schoolandcollegelistings.co … at%C3%A1nc

Another place for lessons of any kind is the app of "Superprof".

Yucatan's food is one of the best I've ever tried (And I have been in 28 countries, including Italy) but be careful about spice.

The other thing is that the weather in summer is suuuuuuuper hot! So if you got any chance travel in that season unless you work in/for tourism.

You can establish a tourism agency for European people (Mainly Italian & Swiss).

If you need help with something send me a Message, I live in Mexico City.

Best of success.

Abel.

@abelardomanzo hello! Thanx for your gentle answer! I have been 4 months around yucatan and i am sure i will come back someday. I don t have money to invest or create something... We are in a fresh new start and looking for chances and to be into the right place at the right time! It s not important what was my curriculum in Italy,i worked for the government but i really don t want to deal with Burocracy, mafia, and a sort of slavery anymore in my life. So for now i have to go out from the border again since our visas are expiring at the end of march and we still haven t found solutions to remain ...

@Julien

I'm Gail. I moved to a farming community rancho in Guanajuato over 12 years ago, with my husband. We lived in the US flr many years before moving here, to my husband's family's home which he constructed. We are semi-retired musicians and farmers and did extremely well in agriculture every year until we got blindsideded by a corn buyer who did not pay us what he promised. This was an enormous disappointment to us, and a shock to my husband who has been very ill ever since. I'm sorry to sound negative because I love being in Mexico and I enjoy getting along with our neighbors and family members. I don't say this to discourage people from coming to live in Mexico. Just be as careful as you would in any country!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013337

Thanks!

Closed