New members of the Madagascar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Madagascar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Madagascar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, I am living in Tamatave, Tahiti Kely and would love to get into contact to english speaking people from Tamatave, as I miss meeting some english speaking people. I am originally from Germany but have American citizenship to and my first born lives in Malibu, CA.
If you like it would be a pleasure to invite you for a lunch to have a chat.

Best Jo

Hello I'm John from Ghana but living in Dubai.
It's my pleasure to visit Madagascar someday because it's beautiful nature ..

Hello

Hi,

Thank you @expat.com to have this opportunity. My name is Wei. I'm currently living in Mauritius. Due to job relocation I'll travel to Madagascar in June, for 2 years. I'll be based in Tana. I would love to meet some new friends there.

Br,
Wei

Hello .. I'm John from ghana but wanting to come to Madagascar probably this year.. could get to in touch if you don't mind? 🙂

I am Asenso Evans from Ghana
Hello

I'm Tomasz - currently living in Poland but ready to move to Madagaskar if the work opportunity becomes reality :)
Hi @asensoevans05  & tomaszmyszewski,

Welcome to you both to expat.com ! Can you tell us more about your project ?

@Tomasz, what will be your job in Madagascar ?

If you have any question, please feel free to ask 1f609.svg

Vero
Expat.com team
Hello all! 1f600.svg1f600.svg
I am French, my name is Charlotte, I am 25 years old and I plan to discover Africa and the Indian Ocean from next October. Especially, I would like to visit Madagascar and Reunion Islands and I would like to know if there are any boat connections between the continent, Madagascar, Reunion. If you have any information or leads I'll take it all! 1f64f.svg

My name is Gerard. I am 60 years old and live in the Netherlands. I have been in a relationship with a woman who lives in Madagascar, in Antananarivo, for 6 years. I have fully maintained her during these years and have now visited her 4 times, the last time from May 19 to June 12.

I recently got in touch with a compatriot who has lived in Madagascar since 2002 and who is successful in business and sports. He gave me the offer to supervise a project in Majunga. I can't say anything about the project yet. The intention is that I will first work on the project for 2 months and then make the decision to leave the Netherlands and go to Madagascar for an indefinite period of time. There is still a lot to figure out, about my pension, health insurance and much more. I am aware that I leave a lot of "security" behind in my country, but I will never get a chance like I get now. So far my story. And a tip to the people who write here that they want to move to Madagascar without ever having been to Madagascar: first go to a beautiful country for a few weeks, but also a country with a lot of poverty, with corruption and a very different culture than in Europe . And keep in mind that the majority of the population does not speak English and that you must be able to speak French.
To be continued...
Hi, this is Gideon,

.. working on frequently visiting Mahajanga (Majunga) once or twice a year. I would like to connect with English Speaking persons already based in Tana or Majunga.

I am interested in learning the Malagasy langauge, as I will be interacting with eveyday people.

Tah,
@Gerard-PB
Hi Gerard,

Good to hear your project.
Anyway ,my advice would be : Put some decent money in the Netherlands for safety reason.
Madagascar is a very highly corrupt country . You can loose more than you invest there.
And since you are a stranger then you won't be able to buy land in your name .So most of the time the house or land or businesses are bought in the name
of the Malagasy wife .But when the divorce comes then you loose everything.
I do not want to give you bad feeling but just be very careful .There is a reason why Madagascar stay poor for more than 50 years .
I wish you good luck anyway.
Hary
@rija1

Thank you for your message. I will arrive at Mada eind of August/start of September. The project changed a bit, I will work for a company and start at Tana, 2 months for a start, when all goes well I will go back to my country to arrange everything for a permanent stay in Madagascar for an indefinite period of time.
I already visited Madagascar 4 times, and have a girlfriend from Tana for nearly 6 years. And yes, there is corrupcy, it starts when you arrive at the airport and goes on during the stay. And yes, I know it is not wise to buy property when you re married. Well, I am not married and don't have the intention to do so.
Off course I will leave some money behind here at the Netherlands, just for when I decide to go back....

Wish you a wonderful day, kind regard, Gerard
Warm welcome to all new members of the Madagascar forum ^^

@ Gerard and Hary, should you need any info, feel free to create a new topic on the Madagascar forum. We will be happy to share our experience and information with you to ease your expatriation process.

All the very best,
Bhavna

@appiahjohn446 Hello John and welcome to the forum. I am a Malagasy citizen, you can call me Hary

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1012805

Thanks!

Closed