New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Kenya forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, I am from Kenya but have lived and worked in Spain, india and Germany. Am working in real estate for KnightFrank now as am cutting down on stress and pressure.
My hobbies are hiking, travelling, learning salsa, yoga and swimming.
Looking forward to meeting likeminded people to socialize with. Am not religious but am spiritual.

Hello sonibela,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for introducing yourself on this thread!

I hope you will get to befriend members by interacting with them on the forum.

Should you want to share any personal insights as a local to expats, you may create new topics on the Kenya forum.

All the best,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hello all :)
I'm Sheeshe from Kenya. Free spirited human being and happy to be part of this community

Welcome Sonibela, wishing you a pleasant stay in Kenya

Hello sheerawirungu & Kimani Ndini,

Welcome too!

We are happy to count you as new members of our Expat.com community.  :)

Please go ahead and feel free to participate on the Kenya forum to share and seek information around expat-related matters.

Cheers :cheers:

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi I'm Karen, looking to move with my children  from UK to Nairobi in the summer as my husband already lives and works there.

Greetings All, I am from the US and currently living in SE India.  There is a possibility I will be moving to Nairobi in February, 2022.   My interest is any outdoor activities, meditation and being an entrepreneur.

I am British and my wife is Kenyan. We currently live near Cambridge, UK, but are planning and hoping to move to Kenya very soon. Later this month to be exact...

We have a house just outside Juja, and plan to make that our long-term home now

Welcome to the forum davidscott701 :)

I wish you all the best for your project 

Feel free to participate on the Kenya forum to share and seek information  :top:

Isabelle
Expat.com Team

My name is Jane Catherine. Profession: lawyer, i am a Kenyan looking to make friends and share business ideas. Happy to be part of the community

Welcome Janecateci on the forum :)

Feel free to post a new topic on the Kenya forum if you have specific question.

The members of the community will help you by sharing information they have concerning your question.

You can also discover and enter in contact with the members who are living in Kenya.

I wish you all the best for your project  :top:

Isabelle
Expat.com Team

I have not arrived yet, I have a few months to go, I have a lot of paperwork in Spain to fix, my intention is to stay and live in a few years, while my residence permit is arranged, that is, I will go this year and return to Spain and then come back and stay permanentlyI send you a warm hug

Hi, I m from Russia but worked in South Africa and Botswana. I have moved to Nairobi as UN stuff. My hobbies are basketball and jogging.
Kindly advice where there is a place to play basketball in Nairobi.
Thanks in advance and looking forward for communication.
Andrei

Hello all,

I am Jackline and a Kenyan Citizen living in Nairobi. I am a Real Estate  Sales Associate / Customer Care Associate by profession. Looking to make good friends, network, assist in letting, sale n purchase of property and generally share ideas n ideologies.
Glad to be in this platform.

Warmest regards.

good morning Jakeline my name is Carles and I am from Barcelona Spain, I will be in Nairobi shortly, if you would be so kind as to provide me with your contact, both telephone and email, thank you

Hello Carles,

Thank you for your message and warmest welcome to Nairobi in advance.
My email address is; ***
Kindly drop me an email n I will gladly share my contact number.
Thanks again n kind regards,

Jackline.

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It seems that it is not possible to send emails, I leave you my number, you can contact me through Telegram, WhatsApp, Signal, Skype,

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security

Hello Carles,

This is well received and noted and I will be in touch.

Best regards,

Jackline.

Hello. I'm Laura I've lived in France and Tanzania. ***
Please support me this year. It will be a great experience.

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Auto-promotion.

Hi guys I'm Topaz an international global leadership and governance student (USIU)  looking for a part time job as I study. Thank youuuuu

Good morning, my name is Carles and I am from Barcelona, ​​Spain. Soon I will travel to Nairobi to marry a Massai woman. I will need help to present the residence permit. I will leave you my email. I also leave you my number to talk on WhatsApp

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security

Hi, am Shirley from Kenya.
I an happy to be one of a kind in this platform. Looking forward to get more friends from every different aspects of life.
Thank you.

good afternoon Shirley, I'm Carles from Barcelona Spain, I'm waiting to go to Nairobi to get married, I send you a kiss and a hug

@spiritinbusiness hello how are you doing

Doing fine and we'll,

@Andrei79 hi there am James from kenya can we be friends

am James mwinzi a registered nurse in kenya by profession..Am really happy to be a member of this forum

FF   congratulations 

Hi@Julien 

I hope all is well. Newboe here! My name is Melanie my family and I are originally from Gabon I am very exited and stressed to be moving to Kenya with my whole family (2 adults and 3kids) in 3months. The planning is real, hotels, apartment, car, documentation. I just found the website looking for info on getting driver license.
We are definitely exited we are moving to establish and expand our business.
Any tips and advices will be deeply appreciated 

Hi all,

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,

or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.

Welcome on board!

- @Julien

Hi all,

This thread is for you wink.png

Welcome on board!

- @Julien

Hi all,

my name is Samantha and I live in Germany. I am hoping to some day either:
- work for a remote company and live in Kenya during that time (meaning my employer would not be in Kenya)
- get an expat job in Kenya
- work in home office from Kenya for an international company that also has an office in Kenya

Do you know what needs to be considered for this to be allowed? I read about class K visa that might help for the first scenario I described, however it seems that that visa is only for people older than 35.

Could you help direct me to sources where I can learn more about this?

Thanks in advance! :)

@Great2022
Welcome.let me.know if you need any assistance with the work visas.
Thanks
jeje I will go with a tourist visa, get married and I will have a provisional one until the residence is released
When I have my residence I will definitely move, I have a project to exploit my future wife's land, we are going to grow wheat, corn, sunflowers, vegetables, fruit trees, I want to give work to the citizens of Kenya, a wage that will increase with the sales that we will make at the entrance of the farm, at the beginning of July I am going until the beginning of September, let's see If I have time to start this project
I will process the visa online at the Kenyan consulate, it is a virtual visa, I already have all the necessary information to do it, thanks anyway

@carlesalberch very  funny

@Nazalia Right now the government is demanding the vaccination certificate against Covid19, I'm going to see if I can get some medical exception documents, of that. otherwise I will not be able to enter or marry or take out the employment generation project for Kenyan citizens, I hope to get this official medical document, greetings

Hello Everyone,
My name is Dominic, Profession: Mechanical Engineer. My family and I  (Wife and 3year old daughter) have moved to Kenya from Jamaica as my wife is currently on mission with United Nations. We will be here for a while. I am looking to connect with the community on a whole for both leisure and professionally.
I am looking forward to connecting.

Best Regards!

@Dominic-Cover  I welcome you in this great nation. Feel free and happy and be ready  to learn  alot from this great nation.

@Dominic-Cover I am very free to connect  you if you are in need .Feel free to contact me and honestly  I will attend you Faithfully..

Closed