New members of the Guyana forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Guyana forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Guyana if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi members of the forum.

My name is franklin Ruiz, I`m a single 50 years old geologist from Venezuela. I am living in Venezuela but I want to move on Guyana to search for new opportunities in this country in the oil industry. I have 20 years of experience in the oil industry and I want to work in the fast wowing oil industry of your country.

Carl Sheppard
US Citizen
62 yo
want to permanently move to Guyana
Would appreciate help, guidance, etc.
Site does not offer much

I am Sunday Ighawho, a Nigerian.I read geophysics and worked in the oil industry on contract, before going into education as a physics teacher.i retired at 51 and into business of local and supplier of agro based products.Have gotten a visa to guyana and want to know about life there before coming to explore it.Thank you
The Guyana forum is not all that active - I suggest trying groups/posts on Facebook as well as pages on the internet where there is quite a bit of info, just searching on Guyana.

Here are just a few links that may help: