New members of the England forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

@Julien

hello everyone!! I hope all of you are doing fine i just wanted to ask something, my husband got the HSE (health and safety job) diploma and we want to go and live in the UK and we talk english very well so I wonder if this kind of job is in demand if he can work there with an algerian diploma and thank you :)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The UK uses the NEBOSH certificate for practically all Health & Safety related qualifications.  My advice would be to contact them and ask if they recognise your diploma.  This link will take you directly to their website with the contact details.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Julien Hello my name samir, i'm 47 old years, i live un french excatly in paris since 1999, I work in big bank I have a degree in finance, and recently I decided to retrain in IT , and now I have another degree network and system administrator my purpose is to prepare an master degree in cyber security, UK has always a dream for me, Since I've visited London in 2012 I dream to stay here for living, now my motivation to move here is bigger than before, I really need your help or your advise to help in my first step.

Best regards   

Greeting all,

My name is Ruud, I'm from the Netherlands and I'm liveing with my wife in the West Midlands, I'll be living and working there for 17 years, after I was asked to assist in a US company transition from France to Spain, I fell in love, got married and never got back! I would like some advise on transitioning my pensions from the Netherlands to my English funds as I have some issues with 2 companies, whereas the others has no problem to assist.

Greeting all,
My name is Ruud, I'm from the Netherlands and I'm liveing with my wife in the West Midlands, I'll be living and working there for 17 years, after I was asked to assist in a US company transition from France to Spain, I fell in love, got married and never got back! I would like some advise on transitioning my pensions from the Netherlands to my English funds as I have some issues with 2 companies, whereas the others has no problem to assist.
-@Nite0wls

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

In general, my opinion (I'm not a financial advisor), is that State Pensions (AOW) are best left alone - mainly because they are Government funded/regulated and unless you come from an unstable part of the world can be trusted, anything else you need an expert.  We moved to the UK from the Netherlands 25 years ago, and we used this company (link) to sort out our pensions/mortgages etc, 2 years ago, it became time to actually do something with my pension pots and I wasn't disappointed.  Give them a call and see what they have to offer you.

Only my wife had any kind of Dutch State pension, she got a forecast a few weeks ago, it will pay for a cup of coffee the next time we're back visiting family. :)

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic Thanks for the response, these are not AOW but private pensions I try to get them all in one pot so that over the next years they can be activly grown.

@Nite0wls Hi again,

Then give them a call.  Other alternatives; try speaking to your company CFO and see who they use for financial advice; also your bank may have some ideas.  Also, don't limit it to your own working environment, your wife may have some ideas.

I hope this helps (en groetjes van uit Nord Yorkshire).

Cynic

Expat Team

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013113

Thanks!

Closed