New members of the Dominican Republic forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hello!  I'm a military veteran who spent many years moving from place to place, meeting new people, learning new cultures, exploring new areas.  It's now time for my next big move.  I'm looking to retire to Las Terrenas or Cabarete/Sosua within the next year.  There's a lot of reading to do here, but I'll get through it. :-)
Welcome to the forums!  Yup, start reading and asking questions!  Lots of people here will help!
@Julien Thanks so much for providing this forum!

We are Cliff & Cove, a travel blog based in the Deep South of the DR. We are made up of four friends (2 couples) who have been living in the country as expats for over 5 (Rusty and Syd) and 7 (Jess and Bos) years. 
Sorry you cannot  post links to your business without taking a classified ad.

Welcome to the forums.  Please  feel free to participate,  answer questions when you can, ask whatever you need to know about. 
Hello!  I'm a military veteran who spent many years moving from place to place, meeting new people, learning new cultures, exploring new areas.  It's now time for my next big move.  I'm looking to retire to Las Terrenas or Cabarete/Sosua within the next year.  There's a lot of reading to do here, but I'll get through it. :-)
- @SandyS_retire
              Thank you for your service ,  maybe
             I could buy you a Beer one day…👍
Hello!

I'm looking to move to the Punta Cana area next year with my son.   There is a wealth of knowledge here!
Hello!

I'm looking to move to the Punta Cana area next year with my son.   There is a wealth of knowledge here!
- @Browneyegirl

Welcome to the forums!
@ddmcghee

You're from Clt, right?  I'm from Columbia 1f601.svg
@Browneyegirl

Yes! We moved to LT from Charlotte two years ago today!

@ddmcghee Congrats on your two year anniversary!

@Julien  Hello all My name is Brent and I am interested in moving there one day… Any advice information?

Welcome to the forums. Best advice, start reading. There are a number of pinned posts.  Ask questions wherever they come up!
Hi!  My name is Daniele and I just moved to Dominicus with my husband, who is a Dominican citizen.  I am looking forward to reading all of the info here!

@Gizmo79 Welcome!

Hi my name is Bryan my wife and I have bought a house in playa Bonita / Las Terrenas area.

We will be living their part time until retirement.

I look forward to the sharing of information on your sire.

Regards Bryan
Welcome to the forum Bryan and to your wife as well!
Hi,
My name is Reynold. I plan to build a retirement home in las Terrenas.
I am in the process of acquiring the land.
I heard it's better to build your own instead of buying an already built one as the contractors have a tendency to cut corners by using cheaper materials and labor.
Welcome to the forums. I invite you to start reading the various threads. Lots of great info on building!
Hi everyone! We just bought a condo in Cap Cana. We fell in love with the area and decided to make Dominican Republic our home away from home. If anyone is in Cap Cana or close by let's keep in touch. We are trying to learn all the ins and out of the area. Things have been very good for now.
Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the purchase. You can start a thread for Cap Cana and share what you know, ask questions and connect with others!
@broberts904

Welcome! I'm in Las Terrenas - just hit 2 years here full time. Let me know if you have any LT specific questions.
@reyaudate51

Welcome, Reynold! I'm in LT and we are in the final stages of the construction of our home. Lots of threads about building vs buying, but feel free to drop me a PM if you have other questions.

@Tippj  I am building s house in Sosua right now.  Will be moving in on early December.  PM me if I can be of any help.

Please keep this thread to introduction and welcome! Thanks
@Julien
My name is Douglas. I'll be 60 in September and I've visited DR about 58 times in the last 12 years. I'm in the process of doing a trial move starting in September. My birthday give to myself. I'm Jamaican but I've been living in the US for 52 years. I love DR I feel so at peace and safe there. I'll be staying in the Santo Domingo area. Wishing all the members good health and happiness.
@Oscarsahony Sanchez
Hi. Just wondering if you have any information to share on that studio that you rented. Contact number and how much you paid monthly. Thanks.
Welcome to the forums Douglas!  There is a lot of info on the various forums and we are here to help. I will message  Oscar privately and ask him   to message you.

@Julien

We're looking for Pat Lawler, an American expat, 77 years old, living in the Las Terrenas area. If any of your members have information about Pat's health and whereabouts, we'd appreciate learning about it through this forum. Or they could tell Pat to email his son.

Thanks,

Mary

@meb9992 :

This thread has been created for the introduction of new members.

For you search, I would advise you to post an ad in the Testimonies, lost items, missing people in Dominican Republic section. It is more appropriate.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Expat.com Team

Hi all, I'm Ramone, lived in Santiago for years time for a change, looking for a one or two bedroom apartment in Santo Domingo or Sosúa, don't need to be furnished

Hello naturellramone9,

Looking for an apartment? It is this way > Housing in Dominican Republic1f609.svg

I advise you to post an advert in the section above.

Hopefully, you will find one soon.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Ramone welcome to the forums. This thread is for introductions and welcomes. 

You can also open a thread regarding apartments in Santiago

Hi

I am looking forward to reading all of the info here!

37yo, Canadian

Living in Puerto Plata for almost an year.

Amazing country will be glad to connect with open minded people!

Welcome to you both to the forums!  Lots of great info here and members to connect with!

@Julien

Hi my name is Ron. I currently reside in Florida and I'll be moving to Punta Cana during the summer of 2024.

@Lronny1998 Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of good info in the pinned posts and others.

Welcome to the forums Ron! The forums are full of information!

@planner thanks for the warm welcome. Anyone on this forum living or planning to live on the east coast near Punta Cana? I would like to connect with them.

Your best bet is to start a thread and ask about Punta Cana Lronny.  And remember people are cleaning up behind Hurricane Fiona today!

Closed