New members of the Cyprus forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cyprus forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cyprus if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello all,

So I am a new member...final destination Cyprus for my family and my future retirement.
The back-to-school installation (three-year-old baby and 15-year-old girl) promises to be tumultuous given the short delays... but hey... oops, I forgot Madam: D.
We have already been to Cyprus for a simple vacation, so of course settling there is something else.
We therefore hesitate between Larnaca and Paphos, our priority being education and leisure for the children. I am planning a trip in May to already finalize between these two choices.
Thank you in advance for your advice, especially in terms of schools, Phapos clearly holding the rope because it would be calmer than Larnaca in the summer.
Happy new year 2022.

Hello.
Happy New Year.
I'm Belgian, working for a Lebanese International Company in the field of education. I live alone in Larnaca since last October and would like to meet new friends, and do some social activities and sports.

Hi, my name is Cora, thank you for the add. I am still over in the UK but I am having a property built for me in Sotira. I hope to come and live over in Eastern Cyprus. I'm looking for like minded people and information on living in Cyprus.

Thank you for the welcome

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Should you have any specific questions about the life of an expat that you would like to ask, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Cyprus forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi! Nice to see all of you here!

Hello MackBonilla,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Is there a way we can assist you?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi 👋🏻 I'm Georgie (everyone calls me G) I'm from Guernsey and I'm moving to Paphos on 28th February. I'm very spiritual and I love being outdoors in nature, walking and sea swimming. I love meditation/yoga/crystals/reiki etc…I guess you could say I'm a bit of a hippy at heart ✌🏻☮️ I was wondering if there were any people on here that have similar interests or if there are any groups I can join so I can make some new friends when I arrive ☺️

Hi,

Nice to meet you all!

I'm new to the forum, living in Cyprus since 2009, and now looking to extend my social circle, make some friends that share my hobbies or just know more about Cyprus!

Welcome 

@Guest254 Hi,

I will be visiting Cyprus in April (20th to 24th) with my friend,

We are looking to make some friends who could show us around and it would be a nice exchange !

We would love to go to Cape Greco but unfortunately we don't drive, so if anybody would be interested in driving and taking us to that place we would be happy to pay for the trip !

Also it would be nice to meet people just to have a full experience  of the life in Cyprus, and maybe go to some nice place for food, drinks, and party ? smile.png

Interests :

-Food

-Music

-Culture / History / Traditions

-Fishing

-Sightseeing

-Beach /nature

-Hiking

-Spirituality

We are open to any local activities

Please contact me

Hi,

I will be visiting Cyprus in April (20th to 24th) with my friend,

We are looking to make some friends who could show us around and it would be a nice exchange !

We would love to go to Cape Greco but unfortunately we don't drive, so if anybody would be interested in driving and taking us to that place we would be happy to pay for the trip !

Also it would be nice to meet people just to have a full experience  of the life in Cyprus, and maybe go to some nice place for food, drinks, and party ? smile.png

Interests :

-Food

-Music

-Culture / History / Traditions

-Fishing

-Sightseeing

-Beach /nature

-Hiking

-Spirituality

We are open to any local activities

Please contact me :)

@AimeeLittle I will visit Cyprus in April, would you like to link up ? :)

Hi I'm Kevin and my wife is Tracey. We're currently living in the UK but are planning to move to Cyprus in the next few years. I was lucky enough to live in Cyprus for 3 years as a teenager, many years ago, as my father was in the RAF. My wife and I have been on a couple of Cyprus holidays and have 4 more booked to allow us to view possible areas to relocate to (probably looking at Paphos side, perhaps Tala).

I'm currently researching everything, from cost of moving, to bank accounts, car costs, rental costs( while house hunting) etc etc, so expect lots of stupid questions 

Kevin

Welcome

Greetings to this community so active and up to date, I have written to find out if there is any job opportunity for 3 or 6 months, I would like to know more about the island, its people and its gastronomy and to be able to work, the only bad thing...my English is very low ..but I'm a good worker..I'm a nursing assistant technician. I'm looking for work in private or at home. Thank you

We are currently deciding where best to live. We like Paralimni and Kyrenia.  There are pros and cons with north and south and we havent decided yet where we will be most comfortable.

We see that there are some pretty high social insurance taxes in the south for self employed people but I haven't notice many comments on this so am I right in thinking that self employed people make sure they are 'economical' with the income figures they submit? 

Interested to hear peoples views on the good bad and ugly about different parts of the Island.
Its not just social insurance for workers ... The average is about €100 per month can't comment on some people being economic with the truth .. . But it wouldn't come as a surprise.... but also  2.65% gesy payments for healthcare and some have been caught in the trap of retiring early and declaring their private pensions income and then  paying gesy payments but cannot join gesy or benefit from it .. that's on top of either paying as you go or paying for expensive  private healthcare
Hi,

I'm new to Expat.com. My wife and I are looking to move to Paphos Cyprus area.

To start with we are looking to rent a place for three months from mid Sept unile Mid Dec 2022.

We would like to find a place in or around the Kato Paphos area with a budget of about 500-600 euros a month. The problem is I can find many reantals available at the price range but mostly for 12 month not 3 months. Can anyone recomend where to look?

Thanks,

Andrew
Facebooks marketplace is a good start...
@geomos83 hi. I am moving over soon and have similar interests.  Did you manage to find anything? The local forums are a good source of info with many classes for yoga.  I have found there is a buddist temple in Nicosia  shod that be of interest., as for crystals.. Im still trying to find too.

I am an holistic practitioner and much into healing therapies. If you would be in the paphos area I am happy to meet up to chat . I need to meet like minded people too.
@Kevin Thompson

Hi Kevin,

My story is the same as yours, lived there as a teenager, just been there for a holiday and thinking we would like to ultimately move there...but where to start! :-D
Hi,

I am also someone who lived in Cyprus for 6 years as a kid and thinking I would now like to live there again after a recent holiday. Not something that I ever planned for and so really have no clue where to start putting the wheels in motion.

We are a good 10 - 15 years off retirement so to move before that would mean working etc.

How easy is it to move your life over there? would love to hear people's experiences.

Many thanks :-)
Please feel free to search the forum for the information you seek or ask specific questions rather than a cover all question
@Julien

Hello

My husband and I are 'Brits living abroad' in the USA. We retired here 15 years ago to live closer to our daughter who married an American. Having had our fill of the extremes of the weather, politics and expensive healthcare have decided its time for a more temperate climate and simpler way of life. My husband has a brother who lives in the Pathos region and it would be good to get to be with more Brits again. That's not to say we haven't enjoyed our time here, we have but where we live is a long way to drive to town and hospital and we decided we need to move house. 

There is nowhere we like better than where we are here so the only option is to move out of the country. We are in our mid 70's and need to leave before the coming winter (hopefully) as its a struggle to drive anywhere in the snow and ice which lasts too long. Last winter our heating system broke down and that was not much fun!

If everything works out with the move we hope to be more comfortable in the coming winter.

I do have lots of questions to ask, in particular healthcare so will be contributing to your forums very soon.

Thank you.
Welcome
Hi all,

I've been living in Paphos for nearly a year now and I thought I should subscribe to this forum after reading @toons amazing posts.

Thank you to all the contributors and I hope I can help people too with my little Cyprus experience
Thank you for your kind words
Hi all!

Hope you're having a good day.

I am an Englishman who moved to Paphos last year. I have a Filipina partner who is currently working and living in Taiwan, always on the lookout on the best way to get her here with me.

Already finding this community (here on expat) friendly and helpful. Echoing the words of @bluebing - @Toon was very welcoming and helpful straight away.

Hope to eventually use my experiences to aid other people however I can here, too.
Hope it works out for you both .. good luck
yellow paper !?
@AimeeLittle

Hi Aimee

I hope you don't mind me contacting you but I have just joined the forum and spotted your post. 😊

I am thinking of staying in Paphos  for 6 months with a view to staying longer if it works out.

I can see you have been there since 2009 so you are an expert, would you mind if I fired some questions at you?

I have just returned from there (as I have done on many occasions) and am returning in September for 2 weeks

Let me know if that's ok, I would really appreciate it X

Claire
hi everybody

shall we meet all of the group ?
setting a date and place ?
in paphos ....
almyra ?
kegs and barrel
alexander
or a meal ??

who s inn ??
Many of us don't live in Paphos. 
Some of us live in fairly close surrounding villages - others live further away! 

Many of us “sort” of know each other from various forums (here and on FB etc) and a few of us know each other from different times - but only SOME could meet up.

Personally, I couldn't - but I'm sure some would want to meet other “new to Cyprus” folk.

Toon seems to be the “font of all knowledge” here  - and we know him and his wife from years ago when we all lived on Malta.  He knows a lot about up to date stuff in Cyprus and he helped us years ago. 
To be honest I don't really do big groups... I prefer one to one or two to two . Its so much easier
oke
Hello, I'm from Ukraine... My name is Alvina, I have long wanted to move with my husband and children, I want to live permanently in a warm climate, but due to certain events that are happening now, our move is delayed. But to collect information and start communication, it's time. Have a nice day, everyone!
Welcome.....there are lots of Ukrainian people here
Hello everyone,
Our names are Louise & Michael ,we have decided to retire to Cyprus and favour the Paphos region as we are familiar with the region through past holidays.The actual process of obtaining a temporary residency card is quite hard but we understand that there is to be new thresholds for Cypriot residency which will make things considerably more difficult. We are determined to make Cyprus our future home regardless of the barriers .
Michael & Louise
Closed