New members of the Cuba forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cuba forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cuba if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I'm not sure yet exactly where I  want to move to, maybe Panama, but
I did have family in Cuba a ways back, maybe still do, would love to go there to find out, maybe to move there as well.

Hello elizagren:

I am a Canadian and visited Cuba many times. Pre COVID  I lived there almost full-time for two years.  Right now, beware of COVID.  It is not yet controled. 

You may have an issue with your own government, not with the Cubans.  Your passport etc. will be accepted.  If you ask, the Cubans will not stamp your passport.   Most prople travel through Canada, Mexico or Bahamas. 

American currency, American Express and your American VISA or Materard will not be accepted.  Use Canadian or European travelers cheques.   

Hotels can becostly if staying more than a week or two.  There are websites that offer "Casa Particular"  private house accommodation in the AirBnB style.  They are licenced and generally OK.

Going to Cuba does not require bravery, only planning, patience and perseverance. 

Good Luck
Bill

Hi guys I'm Baz! I love Cuba and hope to end up in Havana. Fell in love there travelling as a kid and again in my return a few years ago. Nice to meet you all. If anyone figures out the owning property part.. do let me know!

Thanks
Baz

Greeting All,

With Cuba opening up after so much time shut down, I am excited to connect with other expats on the Island as well as folks interested in spending extended time here.
With over 20 years traveling to Cuba and 8 years living here I am especially interested in sharing details about how to live a quality lifestyle in Cuba given all the constraints. I call the special Cuban way of living - socioswing.

@Julien  Thanks for the welcome.  I currently live in the states.  I felt a pull when I visited Cuba about four years ago.  I actually cried at the airport as I left.  I've decided to step back from my current job, breath and reassess life.  I'm looking to come for a visit there in Cuba and with the hopes of not so much on the touristy side.  I'm looking forward for tips and such from this community.  Thank you!

@suncastatsea  Thank you! :) 

@Guest4561

Can a foreigner obtain permanent residence?

Hello Novella,

Please note that Guest4561 is no longer an active member of the forum.

I invite you to start a new thread on the Cuba forum to ask your questions as this discussion is mainly for introductions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi am new here is there anyway I can get Cuba work permit. Am from Ghana

Hello Tuga,

Welcome on board !

Well, it depends on your qualifications, language skills and work you are looking for !

I suggest that you open a new thread on the Cuba forum while providing all these information, we will guide you from there.

All the very best,

Bhavna

My name is Brad. I am a Canadian senior and have a dog. I want to travel to Cuba for long term stay, up to 3 months. I have vacationed in Cuba many times in the past but never more than two weeks at a time at all-inclusives. I would like to stay on or near a beach, cook my own meals and enjoy spending time in the Cuban community. I don't speak Spanish but want to learn. I need help finding suitable accommodations at a reasonable rate and information on how to proceed. Travelling the end of January 2023.

Thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013009

Thanks!

Closed