Moving to Mauritius

Hi

I and my college have got and work offer to come and work in Mauritius. I'm planning to come down and see how things are there. Most likely I will come with two of my coleges on week 12.

Our purpose is to find nice and safe accomodation for our families. My wife and our two boys (3,5 years and 2 years) are coming to stay with me during my permanent stay. My college will also take his family to Mauritius.

Could you assist how we could find nice hose to rent for 6 monts period? It would also be good to know which part of Mauritius is good to stay. I'm also interested how the internet is working and is it possible to have it in the house? I have the possibilities that I can work in the appartment where we are going to stay.

Regargs

Helge

Hi Helge,

have you read the other topics of the Mauritius forum? You'll find answers to some of your questions.

Where is located your employer?

Of course we've got the internet at home ;)

My favourites areas in Mauritius: Grand Bay area & Flic en Flac

All the best,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Thank you for your reply. I will read more from the Mauritius forum.

I will get my salary paid from Finland.

Can you recomend someone who can help me with the appartment?

Br,

Helge

For the flat, it depends where you would prefer to be ;)

Hi Julien,

As I'm totally "Green" about Mauritius and don't know the areas I can't name the place where we woluld like to stay there.

Anyway we would like to have the flat on such area where it's safe and nice to be with two small kids. It would also be good if there is health care close to the flat if we happen to need it for the kids.

I hope that I'm not taking too much of your time.

Br,

Helge

My two cents: "Grand bay" or "Flic en Flac" ... I can't make a choice for you ;)

(Grand bay is more developed than Flic en Flac)

Hi.

Thank you for the inormation:)

I think that we will start to see if we find something nice from Grand Bay.

Br,

Helge

(By the way, I am living in Grand Bay)

Hi Julien
all respect to the amazing work of this website
and the forum,

but Flic en Flac is much nicer. Just kidding

Grandbay Man!

Thanks for your support samiejoe8! I was in Flic en Flac yesterday, nice area indeed :)

Viva Flic en Flac

Next time drop by our, we are leaving in a few
days and are coming in mu mid april or later.

So drop by then!