Anyone know what will happen?

I was scheduled to leave the Philippines on January 3rd. However, my rt-pcr test came back positive and I had to cancel. I've rescheduled for the 14th of January.
Problem is, my exit visa and my 36 month stay expired on the 4th.
What happens if I just show up at the airport on the 14th? I expect I will have to pay a penalty for overstaying, but will they still let me leave?

I don't know the definite answer but my bet is they will not allow you to board/leave if positive.

I suppose if you show your positive PCR test result proving that this delayed your initial departure date of 4 Jan they may make an exception not to charge overstay charges.

Of course, you will need negative test report to be allowed to board your flight on 14th.

Good luck!

This is all a f'n $$$$ grab by the PH govt! Anyway they can squeeze "blood out of a turnip" from a foreigner, they will do it, cuz they know they're hurting for $$$$ (or in their case, php). They likely WILL try to charge you for overstaying, regardless of reason.

It is anyone guess as to what will happen. You may need to go to the Immigration Office and explain the situation and they would possibly give you a extension to the existing VISA to leave the country and with the proof of your reason for the delay. I would be prepared to have to pay a fee for your overstay. For $$$ seems to be their God.

Yes it seems that $$$ is their God per say they have their hand out for everything and anything possible and dream up new taxes while they sleep. One day the real God will strike them down we can only hope. Just my opinion and with some experience in dealing with the Government and local Gestapos who always want their palms greased to get anything done.

Yup. They will more than likely just get you to pay the overstaying fee.
It isn't your fault - and as long as you have the health records to show you were indeed Covid positive, and thus were denied your flight on the 3rd, they do not have grounds to do much else.  of course,  provided that by then you've taken a second covid-test by then to show you're no longer at risk of contagion.

dawgyellowlab wrote:

One day the real God will strike them down we can only hope.

What a prediction. . . by the way, has God answered your prayers to win the lottery?

i see you've adopted some Trolling behaviors here and on any other threads.
not much else going on for you during your free time ?

Blacksheepjuno,

I would suggest a call to Immigration to discuss your situation. The validity of your Exit Clearance certificate is 1 month from date of issue. If the expiry date is on or after your new departure date (and your test results are negative) then all is good and away you go, but at least you practiced due diligence. Record your call date and the person you spoke with.

No, sent Odette instead for anyone silly enough to believe.

I was scheduled to leave the Philippines by August 22nd 2020, but I got married in early April to my now Filipina wife. I then went to see an attorney to have a letter prepared to apply for a "Motion to Re-consider" while I applied for a 13a visa. There was a long delay because the NBI office here in Cagayan De Oro was closed down due to Covid outbreaks there. Then when I finally got the NBI clearance I went back to submit my application for my 13a visa but they would not allow me to submit that application because my application for "Motion to Re-consider" was still outstanding,

Normally the "Motion to Re-consider", if granted, would result in a 2 month visa extension at a hefty cost of up to 30k and if granted it would have extended my visa from August 22nd to October 22nd.

It is now mid January and I haven't heard a word from the Bureau of Immigration as to whether my "Motion to Re-consider" application has been granted or not so it seems I am now an illegal alien. For various reasons my funds are very limited at this time and I really don't know what to do, I am worried that if I go to the Bureau of Immigration I will either be arrested and deported or asked to pay some crazy amount of money that I really cannot afford at this time. Any advice from anyone who has had similar problems would be very welcome.

FindlayMacD wrote:

It is now mid January and I haven't heard a word from the Bureau of Immigration as to whether my "Motion to Re-consider" application has been granted or not so it seems I am now an illegal alien. For various reasons my funds are very limited at this time and I really don't know what to do, I am worried that if I go to the Bureau of Immigration I will either be arrested and deported or asked to pay some crazy amount of money that I really cannot afford at this time. Any advice from anyone who has had similar problems would be very welcome.

I dont know if its general, but it seem BI is much nicer because of covid (for a fee).
Thats when the foreigner tell them HIMSELF, NOT by geting caught trying to avoid BI. I dont know how BI react at geting caught cases.

My only experience was when I once had miscalculated the days on a tourist visa due to a holiday or something and was ONE day over at the airport. The Immigration guy wanted to charge me an extra 5K or something but after discussion just let me go. I never got a break of any sort at the actual BI office in Mandaue. I suspect if you show up at the airport with all your information they will try to charge you the 36 month overstay fees which were mentioned somewhere on another thread (not cheap) but perhaps you will get someone understanding. Obviously it's a risk. Calling BI might be a good idea.

pnwcyclist wrote:

Calling BI might be a good idea.

And take down notes on the time and date of your call, the name of person you talked to, and what was discussed or instructions given.

Hello mate, you will have to pay the fine for over staying I think a 1,000 peso a month. Once you paid that you will be allowed to travel.

That seems incredibly cheap. Equivalent to $230 a year??

I think this depends on the visa one holds.

I have yet to renew mine, but as per the back of my Visa identification card, it states that the fee is only about 300.00 (pesos) per every passed month i have failed to renew it.

however, there is also the 36 month grace period to put into consideration due to Covid/Lockdown restrictions that have been hard pressed on all since 2020.