D7 Renewal

Hi all,
Does anyone have any experience of the process for renewing the D7 visa after the first 2(?) years of being in Portugal? Is it a very stringent process or a box-ticking exercise?
Are the requirements exactly the same as for the initial D7? What about if your circumstances have changed in this period?
Any information welcome!
Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

To extend the duration of your visa, you will need to make pre-booking with SEF in Portugal. You must make an appointment in advance. Please see here what you will need:

EXTENDING STAY IN PORTUGAL
https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/prorrogar-permanencia/

That's great, thanks. Do you know what documents are required at this point? Is it basically the same proof of funds etc that is required for the initial D7 or is it more straightforward?
Thanks
Mark

You should select in the previous link, which type of visa you have (D7 is a residence visa). Everything is explained there, required documents, etc.

We had the same question actually and had been looking for the answer.

We've prepared all our documents for the VFS Visa D7 application in London, and I understand the first SEF residency interview and the documents they ask to see/check.

We are renting out our UK house which gives us our passive income. But over the next 2 years what if we sell the UK house and buy a Portuguese one, we then won't have our passive income. By then I would hope we would be fully established in Portugal with work and a property etc but then I'm worried about the next SEF appointment in 2 years if our circumstances have changed.

Because we've been working in Portugal, paying taxes and would then own a property etc is that enough to renew your residency and carry on for a further 2 years?

Yes, this is part of my concern, you worded it a bit better than I did  :)
This is why I wondered if the process has exactly the same requirement or is more basic.
Mark

@Gpcollett:

In this case, there are several visa possibilities, and not only the D7 visa (which is limited to passive income). Find out more about D1, D2 or D3 visas:

D1 visa: Residence visa for Professional Subordinated Activity as worker in Portugal under a labour contract

D2 visa: Residence visa for an independent professional activity (professionals working as service providers: lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs, other self-employment workers

D3 visa: Residency visa for university teachers, highly qualified activities, or performance for cultural events.

Eg.
https://www.crownportugal.eu/visas-and- … n-portugal

Portugal D2 entrepreneur visa is one of the best ways to immigrate. Thanks for your good article.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct