Belgium embassy in India refusing visa requests for Covaxin?

I have heard that belgium embassy in India is refusing Visa requests for the people who are holding Covaxin covid vaccine certificate as its not authorized in Belgium yet?
However the vaccine is WHO approved long time ago.

I am vaccinated with Covaxin and applied for visa D so getting tensed, does anyone have any idea?

Belgium accepts EMA recognised vaccines not WHO ones.

But my question remains:> What if a person is vaccinated with a vaccine which is not approved in Belgium or the person is not at all vaccinated, the visas are getting refused???

I don't know the policy right now, either denied or there could be a requirement of quarantine. I hope not for you but suspect denial at the moment is most likely given how strict they are.

what you can try is the booster dose, ask the embassy if Belgium is accepting booster dose as far as I know most European countries are accepting booster doses like Pfizer, Moderna, etc.

if you are already vaccinated with a dose not recommended in a country you want to travel to, there might be a chance that booster dose will work in that particular country

My decision is yet to come so I will wait for it then ask the Embassy.

It doesn't matter if WHO has approved it, in the EU it has to be passed by EMA.

Question  still remains => what if a person is not vaccinated at all or vaccinated with other vaccine as in my case?

My wife got covaxin and her family reunification vida got approved. No one asked about the vaccine.

Thanks, just the exact information I was looking for.
Can you tell me the date when the visa got approved?
And what were the covid protocols for her after reaching to belgium?

nishharora wrote:

Question  still remains => what if a person is not vaccinated at all or vaccinated with other vaccine as in my case?

No one in here is a Govenment official so ask the Embassy, you will have to wait because it's the holidays. But if it's not approved it might well be very doubtful.

Belgium visa approval from Africa is not linked to weather you are vaccinated or not. May be its now something new for Asian countries. I think the proper, legal and official thing to do is that they include it in the Visa documents-required check-list if proof of vaccination is now compulsory, but if you are vaccinated and they require a specific vaccine for Belgium, then that's a different matter and the solution will be to take an EMA approved booster shot.

Adeyola wrote:

Belgium visa approval from Africa is not linked to weather you are vaccinated or not. May be its now something new for Asian countries. I think the proper, legal and official thing to do is that they include it in the Visa documents-required check-list if proof of vaccination is now compulsory, but if you are vaccinated and they require a specific vaccine for Belgium, then that's a different matter and the solution will be to take an EMA approved booster shot.

you are absolutely right !! there is nothing in the checklist in the official website.

For D type visa, vaccination status is not mandated.

Aneesh wrote:

For D type visa, vaccination status is not mandated.

yes you are right.
I called the embassy today and they said my visa is approved.  :)

What is the time period taken after filing for visa D at VFS for the approval?

Hello you mean they don't require the vaccine certificate when traveling to belgium if its a D visa? I haven't got vaccine yet so I was wondering if that's gonna be a problem.  My visa is D too for fu

Depends on the visa . Family reunion for non EU it's a maximum period of 9months if your partner is a non EU and you apply for D visa family reunion.  But if your partner is a EU citizen then the maximum period of time is 6 months. But sometimes it doesn't take this long. It's just maximum period of time for D visa

How long since you did the family reunion visa application before it got approved?How long did you have to wait?

aggpunit wrote:

What is the time period taken after filing for visa D at VFS for the approval?

It took just 2 working days, 2 days in transit and delivery.  hope this helps.

ravenborn6 wrote:

Hello you mean they don't require the vaccine certificate when traveling to belgium if its a D visa? I haven't got vaccine yet so I was wondering if that's gonna be a problem.  My visa is D too for fu

Yes you are right, for long stay visa/visa D/work permit/family reunification/essential travel.
Vaccine certificate is not mandatory.

ravenborn6 wrote:

How long since you did the family reunion visa application before it got approved?How long did you have to wait?

Me and my wife both applied together so we got our visa together in 4 working days. 2 days for stamping +2 days for delivery.

That's good...thank you for this information

Interesting!

which of the VFS post/country?

How long did you wait before the "stamping and delivery" of the visa?

Thank you.

Adeyola wrote:

Interesting!

which of the VFS post/country?

How long did you wait before the "stamping and delivery" of the visa?

Thank you.

I waited for 3 months for my work permit and Single permit.

Oh good.
That's fair enough.
Congratulations.

Covaxin is accepted by Belgium Embassy. One consultant came 1st week of Jan'22 who had Covaxin. Don't get tensed. Corona is always looking for such humans.

Mahendra KOTHARI wrote:

Covaxin is accepted by Belgium Embassy. One consultant came 1st week of Jan'22 who had Covaxin. Don't get tensed. Corona is always looking for such humans.

yes my visa is already approved,  but I am still doubtful that Covaxin is not EMA approved and i have to quarantine for one week.

@nishharora

Can you confirm if you have already travelled to Belgium? And was it smooth with covaxin certificate? I am planning to travel next month, I too had covaxin
I have applied for a schengen business visa in March 2022 with all the required documents. My visa application was rejected because of Covaxin. The belgium authorities still consider people administered with COVAXIN can impose health risk to their population.
@nishharora

Can you confirm if you have already travelled to Belgium? And was it smooth with covaxin certificate? I am planning to travel next month, I too had covaxin
- @sushmag15
Hi there, No problems there for me and my wife for the travel.
Since mine was Visa D (work permit) and it is considered to be an essential travel. So no one even asked for a  vaccine certificate. It was smooth as ever.
I am in belgium since 2nd February.
But if you are coming on short term visa or tourist visa and you have covaxin,  then chances are your application will be rejected.
I hope my reply helped.
I have applied for a schengen business visa in March 2022 with all the required documents. My visa application was rejected because of Covaxin. The belgium authorities still consider people administered with COVAXIN can impose health risk to their population.
- @navvin12
Sorry to hear that, you are right for short term travel ,tourist visas are still being considered as non essential travel here.
So yes it is expected that your application was rejected with Covaxin certificate.
But it is not fair with the people who had the jab of Covaxin. But government is doing nothing for this issue still.
Have you tried asking a doctor to have a booster of Covashield and then apply for the application with its certificate?
I am just wondering if this can be a way for a short term travel.
@nishharora
Thanks for your quick response. My husband is already in Belgium with visa-D. I am planning to travel as dependent for family reunion. Will this be considered as essential travel? Any idea
@nishharora
Thanks for your quick response. My husband is already in Belgium with visa-D. I am planning to travel as dependent for family reunion. Will this be considered as essential travel? Any idea
- @sushmag15
Yes , Its more than essential  :-)
Family reunification visa is an essential travel , however it can take few months of time but you will eventually get the visa, no doubts on that.
@nishharora
- @sushmag15
If I am not wrong you already got the visa and traveling next month ?, relax. You will not have any problems.
@nishharora

Sorry for miscommunication, I didnt apply for visa yet. I should apply by next week. That's why checking in advance to be sure
@nishharora

Sorry for miscommunication, I didnt apply for visa yet. I should apply by next week. That's why checking in advance to be sure
- @sushmag15
Oh alright!! Make note that family reunification is an essential travel but visa approval can take up to 4-5months.
Its an old timeline ,nothing to do with Covid.