Looking for a condo or 1-bedroom to rent in Quezon City - Foreigner

Hello,

I am from Mauritius and I got accepted into Ateneo De Manila University. However due to their dorms being closed, I have to look for accommodation on my own. I will be grateful if anyone can suggest? I have also been looking on websites like Lamudi amongst others. I urgently need to find a place (preferably near/around Loyola Heights) to be able to go forward with my procedures. Thank you.

I dont have any such contacts there, but you can search in local Facebook groups instead. Lamudi and carousel have much higher prices than Facebook groups at least concerning selling properties.

And you can contact real estate brokers. Some of them can know of renting too e g by they can have sold condos to foreigners who want to rent out (part of year or because of covid they arent allowed in themselves.)

I dont know for Manila, but elsewhere places ment for tourists are in crisis so its possible some of them can agree to rent out at common appartment cost level instead of "resort/hotel" prices instead of having them empty.

Here you go.

https://www.lamudi.com.ph/metro-manila/ … nium/rent/

I miss Ateneo.  My Atenean buddies would take me there to swim in the pool  and play basketball. 

For those who have not been to Ateneo and want to know what it looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6tl0MtSMcA

Hello. I already checked Lamudi and contacted a few of the agents. It's a slow process to be honest and I urgently need a place. If anyone residing in the Philippines at the moment is willing to help, I would be so grateful. Thank you so much.

To OP,

Member Gardo Fuentes has posted a few leads. If you're in a hurry to get a unit, what you can do is go to the admin of these buildings and inquire if they have any units for rent. Sometines landlords ask admin employees to offer their units for rent, who then get a finder's fee from the landlord.  You might be able to get a unit faster by going there. But cross check the price with that of Lamudi and other rental websites. The same unit might be offered there for less (or more).

FilAmericanMom wrote:

Member Gardo Fuentes has posted a few leads. If you're in a hurry to get a unit, what you can do is go to the admin of these buildings and inquire if they have any units for rent. Sometines landlords ask admin employees to offer their units for rent, who then get a finder's fee from the landlord.  You might be able to get a unit faster by going there. But cross check the price with that of Lamudi and other rental websites. The same unit might be offered there for less (or more).

That is a great idea!  I myself used the building admin to help find me a tenant for my condo that I bought in Makati since I'm offshore.

You might wish to consider short term accommodation before you commit to a long term lease. You could try a cheap Airbnb rental condo for say one month (your deposit will be secure) on arrival which then gives you the opportunity to physically inspect the properties and their environs and associated transport links and services (supermarkets etc).

I have stayed in a couple of Airbnb properties on my last two visits to Makati. Bear in mind Quezon city is the largest district of all in the greater Metro Manila area and a somewhat less secure environment for foreigners than Makati.

I would search Facebook marketplace... Good Luck 👍🏻

Gardo Fuentes wrote:

I miss Ateneo.  My Atenean buddies would take me there to swim in the pool  and play basketball. 

For those who have not been to Ateneo and want to know what it looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6tl0MtSMcA

I graduated from Ateneo de Manila. But that was a long time ago when the student population was a lot smaller than it is now, the tuition was PhP6-7k per semester, and there were noticeably more male students than female.

I haven't been to the campus in a long time. I was hoping that the video would show more of the newer buildings. The "caf" did not look like a food court during my time. There wasn't a shuttle jeepney. (And why would there be since there weren't that many students then.)