Covid rules - advice please

Hi, had 2 free Pfizer jabs on 18.8.21 and 8.9.21 at Siam Paragon .  Before this had paid and registered for Moderna at Thonburi. Now Thonburi has asked me to come for first Moderna this coming Saturday. Don't know when the second one is. So my question is should I have the first jab this Saturday or not as it is only 2 months after my 2 Pfizer jabs ? And also should I tell Thonburi  I have already had 2 Pfizer jabs only 2 months ago ?  I am worried they might refuse to give me Moderna and I lose the £200 !  If I don't tell them, they will give me the Moderna but am I risking my health ?  Thanks in advance for any speedy replies. Pat

cheapfooty wrote:

Hi, had 2 free Pfizer jabs on 18.8.21 and 8.9.21 at Siam Paragon .  Before this had paid and registered for Moderna at Thonburi. Now Thonburi has asked me to come for first Moderna this coming Saturday. Don't know when the second one is. So my question is should I have the first jab this Saturday or not as it is only 2 months after my 2 Pfizer jabs ? And also should I tell Thonburi  I have already had 2 Pfizer jabs only 2 months ago ?  I am worried they might refuse to give me Moderna and I lose the £200 !  If I don't tell them, they will give me the Moderna but am I risking my health ?  Thanks in advance for any speedy replies. Pat

You shall NOT take a third jab just 2 months after the second Pfizer jab. A Moderna jab as a booster ~5-6 months after the second Pfizer jab is ok.

As the medical advice says the booster is 6 months after the second vaccination and no sooner.

Ask a suitably qualified medic...keep your Moderna credit in the meantime awaiting a fully qualified medical reply.

I think the hospital rules are not flexible. If you don't have the vaccine on the exact date they have selected, your money is gone. But I will check with them of course. Not hopeful. Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the advice.

cheapfooty wrote:

Saving money is obviously the key issue here.

Don't let health concerns get in the way of that...

Thanks Ocean

Thanks Ocean

Of Course you going to tell them that you got 2 jab all ready.
No reason to gamble with you life.

Ask them to move your appointment for your Moderna vaccine to match the time period for a booster jab. (You can all ways say no to first Jab and say you only want second jab = Your Booster jab)

Simple talk to them about it, I am sure you find a solution.

For me, I simple ask them to move my appointment for my Moderna vaccine to match the time period for a booster jab 1 time, and let that be all i ask for.
And forget the 2 jab Moderna.

Or skip first Jab and only get second jab..

It is not a lot of money you might be losing, Well for me it is not.

But that me..

I know of a guy that has got 5 jabs of the covid vaccine and is now in vaccine heaven.

cheapfooty wrote:

I think the hospital rules are not flexible. If you don't have the vaccine on the exact date they have selected, your money is gone. But I will check with them of course. Not hopeful. Thanks

People in Pattaya who paid for the Moderna vaccin are able to postpone the first jab. That way they don't lose the money. Why don't you check with your hospital? This is not something you ask about at a forum.

Thanks for nothing then my good fellow. Leeds ... says it all really.

Appreciate the advive. Thanks mate

Thanks to all. Will take the advice to tell the hospital about my existing jabs ans see what they say. Cheers

In my country they have started to give a 3rd booster dose to everyone and a Moderna dose after previous double of any other brand is giving very good protection results as stated by a famous professor of Immunology at University of Turin Mr. Guido Forni. Sure the timing between 2nd and 3rd is much longer, mainly for stock reason and cause the protection of the first two is lasting at least 3-6 month.
I personally had 2 Sinovac (11/6 - 30/6) + 2 AstraZeneca (21/7 - 18/10) and had some fever, lack of power, joint pain, head ache but survived.
In your case being paid you could surely go and tell them the new situation and they cannot just refuse you but replan and rebook you for a later date, your dose has not your name on it and can be given to others that did not get any jab yet and give to you from a later lot, as far as I know Thonburi has planed also orders in first and second quarters of 2022.
Everyone will have to get a 3rd and 4th dose anyway in the near future, cause antibodies drop in time, and you can be rebooked and reprotected.

Visited hospital. Were happy to give me Moderna vaccine, even though I had 2 Pfizer's only 2 months before Thanks for the advice and hope it might help others.

cheapfooty wrote:

Visited hospital. Were happy to give me Moderna vaccine, even though I had 2 Pfizer's only 2 months before Thanks for the advice and hope it might help others.

Do you really think the hospital should have given you the Moderna shot as a booster shot after just 2 months after the second Pfizer shot? No hospital in Europe or the US would have given you the shot. This is Thailand, the hospital gave you the shot because you've already paid for it,that's all.

Hello
I think the rule of thumb is to wait 6 months after the last of the two shots
have been received then you are eligible for the booster.

Regards

cheapfooty wrote:

Scientific opinions regarding this appear to be evolving even as we are writing these messages.

Even the United States Veterans Administration (the largest government healthcare network in the USA) has been adjusting its requirements and restrictions.

For instance, under your situation, you probably couldn't have gotten another Pfizer shot from the VA system, but you might have been able to get the Moderna, as you did, especially if you are a member of a high risk group.

I received a Moderna booster after only four months, and could have received it earlier except I had to wait for the US FDA approval.

I think the Thai heath professionals probably know better than you, Mr Leeds, what do you think ?

Roadhog wrote:

I know of a guy that has got 5 jabs of the covid vaccine and is now in vaccine heaven.

Idiocy is a shockingly common problem

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/457 … s-in-a-day

I can't find the story now but I read a report about a guy in Indonesia who has three shots in one day - Protected from covid for life because he died of stupidity.

Your right Fred, the more the government pushes the vaccine the more people panic. Some will get more and more jabs any way they can no matter the cost.

Roadhog wrote:

Your right Fred, the more the government pushes the vaccine the more people panic. Some will get more and more jabs any way they can no matter the cost.

Some people panicked for a while but most are far more sensible now.

cheapfooty wrote:

I think the Thai heath professionals probably know better than you, Mr Leeds, what do you think ?

In my opinion there are no Thai health "professionals". People have to listen to what the vaccin manufacturers says.

That's like asking the Mafia for a crime report :)

Nazarene1969 wrote:

That's like asking the Mafia for a crime report :)

Why would any vaccin manufacturer lie about the recommended time between the second and third jab?  Please tell me.