Moving to the ukraine

I met my partner at work in the uk and propose to move to the ukraine within the next year. Obviously this is quite a big step can anyone tell me the pitfalls as we propose to move everything and set up home there.

check info in embassy UK in Ukraine

Not only it is a big step, it is a brave one. Would love to know if you have moved and if so how it's going so far.

One of the things I find most difficult is the empty promises people make when it comes to things like jobs etc. I was told not to believe anything people tell me until I am actually in a lesson with people sitting in front of me waiting for a lesson. Also be careful not to pick something up someone drops in the street as it can well be a scam. Try always to pay the right amount in bars or restaurants as otherwise you might not get your change back. Many Ukrainians believe Westerners to be loaded and are thus tempted to try it on. Always ask the price first before buying.

Anthony, it really depends on several factors: your job here and the city you will be living in.

In general, we have two biggest problems: poor roads and fools :)

:D:D:D

Ukraine is a beautiful place. But cost of living is very high compared to USA.

I agree with the previous post.

The U.K. is now cheaper to live in than Ukraine.

Food by as much as half, and you get a decent cut of meat.

petrol by comparison much much cheaper now.

Gas and electric also.

I am returning back to England this year after 8 years in Crimea.I can no longer watch Ukraine keep sliding backwards in every aspect. It is dirtier and the infrastructure worse than I remember when I first came. The mentality of the people has changed, everyone is so angry all the time now.

Pretty much the same reasons I left the U.K. and before that I lived in Spain for three years. We are going to Ronda in Spain to check out some Fincas where solar and wind power is not taxed heavily and frowned upon as denying the state every last kopek.