Should I take this Scholarship?

Hello all,

My name is Dr. Satbeer Singh, a fresh medical graduate in India.

I have secured admission and scholarship to study at University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg campus. It is a Masters of Public Health program. Public Health is not a regulated profession and hence if jobs are available, I wont need any licenses to work as public health professional.

If possible, please advise on my below questions:

1. The university will give me DKK 6000 before taxes for living expenses in Esbjerg, Will that be sufficient to survive for a student in Esbjerg?

2. I am dreaming to settle in Denmark after my studies. So is it possible to get a job in Denmark relatively easier since I will have studied 2 years Masters in Denmark itself. So I will be having Danish Masters degree and additionally in 2 years time I will have learnt to speak Danish language too. I speak very good Russian and English already. I am good at languages.

3. Lastly, please conclude if I am doing a mistake by thinking about remaining and settling in Denmark after completing masters education from Denmark.

Please advise and oblige. I will wait keenly for your replies.

Thank you very much in advance.

Dr. Satbeer

i plead to all experts and new comers to give their valuable inputs and oblige...my informed decision making depends a lot on your feedbacks

thank you

dr. satbeer

Hi satbeerus2001!

I hope other members will help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

A Danish student gets 4800 a month to live off. You can live from that, its not alot but possible. So 6000 should do it yes. I dont know how expensive Esbjerg is but it cant be more then Copenhagen. I really doubt that!

We need doctors in Denmark so getting a job shouldnt be difficult but you must learn Danish.

I hope that helps

Hi.

I think that it is a very good oportunity for you, especially if you are dreaming about relocating to Denmark. yes you can live if 6000DK it is not a lot of money but it wil cover all your living costs, and you can work extra on the side and earn some more money. However denmark can be a very racist contry, you must take that into your consideration, some people are never going to respect you even if you are a highly quilified doctor.. (Most people are nice, are going to be interested in your culture and will treat you well, but that are are growing trend in DK for recisme)

What ever you do, I wish you good luck in your future.

Regards Sarah