Family Reunification - 'Proof of Income'

Hello all, I'm a Belgian Citizen. My wife from Taiwan(R.O.C.) would also like to move to Belgium so we can start the next chapter of our life here together. Our marriage is both legally registered/accepted/documented in both Belgium and Taiwan, so we would like to do the Family Reunification visa for her, she's currently still in Taiwan.

As per my case, I've been abroad for a long time and returned recently, so I don't have a job (yet). I'm looking for a job now but I only have a High School Degree. However since September 2021 I would have to proof that I have a sufficient oncome of at least a nett monthly wage of 1661 euro's. For someone who hasn't been in Belgium for a while and only has my level of degree this seems like an amount I won't be able to reach.

However I can live in my mother's rented apartment, both her and her landlord are willing to write a signed statement that's it ok for me and my wife to live there, as there is enough space for 3 people. My mother is also willing to write a statement we don't have to pay rent while we live there.

Will these statements make it so we can continue with the procedure even if I don't earn 1661 euro's nett. Or probably not?

Any advice of people who have been in a similar situation or know more about this will be highly appreciated! If possible we would like to be together again as soon as possible.

Hello,

so, you're Belgian, she's from Taïwan (visa-free 90d as a tourist) and you're married!
Easy...

==> she travels in Belgium as a tourist for 90d, she goes straigth to the commune to state her arrival in Belgium and then she starts the family reunion from Belgium. (ok, you'll lose the money of the return flight ticket, but you've no choice unless you want to wait 6 months for a family reunion visa that you shouldn't apply for!)
Police visit to check where she lives, blablabla...
Administration will cost you around +/- 300€ in total (ID pictures, state of arrival, annexe 19ter, immigration fee, ...)
She'll get her orange card (6 months temporary resident in Belgium) BEFORE starting the family reunion process in Belgium. (+ work permit unlimited as you're Belgian)

She'll need to bring documents before going to Belgium!!! (certificate of birth, mariage certificate, criminal record, ...) + legalized EVERY official documents at the foreigner ministry in Taipei, then legalized at the Belgian consulate in Taipai to be used in your commune.
She'll need the exact same documents as for a visa D (long stay), family reunion visa, but she'll do it in Belgium:
https://taipei.diplomatie.belgium.be/en … ly-reunion

Money is the key to grant her resident card (F card), as she'll depend on your care. You did understood well the requirements. So, you have to fix that asap!

And, if the family reunion is denied by immigration (because you don't have a good enough salary? else...), contact an immigration lawyer the next day of the answer from the commune. (basically 6 months later).
Don't waste ANY DAY!
Once your wife is in Belgium, she'll be able to stay legally "indefinitely " with the help of a lawyer until you get a "correct" job.
But she'll be stuck in Belgium without being allowed to travel until you get that minimum salary and so the F card (or if she's working too).
As I stated many time in the Belgium forum of expat.com, I'll not tell the exact process as it's an known exploit from lawyer to stay legally in Belgium in case of family member, and you shouldn't do it on your own without their help to be safe.
Just remember, worst case scenario if you can't make it about the money ==> contact an immigration lawyer.

https://dofi.ibz.be/fr/themes/les-resso … groupant-0