Status of my family reunion visa.

Hey guys. I applied for my family reunion visa on July 2021, upto now I haven't gotten any response from Immigration Belgium. Does anyone know how long it takes so that I get a break from this anticipation? 😂

Hello,

it depends on the nationality of your partner. (6 months for EU, 9+3 months for third country).
In any case, you should contact the embassy to have news and at least the visa application number so you could track by yourself on https://dofi.ibz.be/fr/themes/faq/visa/ … de-de-visa

Thank you for the response it was really helpful. I guess since I applied in July I have to wait till January haha.

As you said January, then it means your partner is EU.
Which means that immigration has 6 months to refuse your visa, if they don't, you'll automatically get the agreement on day+1 of the 6 months :cool:
But it can be faster... I know some case where the requestor didn't had to wait until 6 months (mainly because a lot of trip in EU before in Belgium with multiple visa C with multiple entries in the last 5-10 years)

Basically, VFS/TLS/embassy will ask you to provide the flight tickets & a valid insurance for travelling. Then they'll print your visa.

Hi Alex,did they change rules for the non eu? It was 6+3 as I know. Now is it 9+3? It's too long, I have a child who is crying each night when he will see his father. I will have a heart attack now. How we will wait till August :(

I think the situation has been complicated with the pandemic. I have waited from July and now it seems I will get it either this month or January. Regardless, I hope yours move faster and you can be reunited with your husband.

Hi Alex . You just mentioned that the migration will ask her for flight ticket and medical insurance then she will be permitted visa . Is that true ? The flight tickets which are dummy or the real ones? BECAUSE When I applied for family reunion visa for me and my daughter we used dummy tickets as we were told. And the embassy sent an email that our documents have been taken to ibz that it will take 3-6 weeks to show the status.  Do you think this might as well take long?

@likean It has always been 9 months for non-eu + possible extension of 3 more months in case of further investigation needed.
It's 6 months for EU.

@Ravenborn6 You're mixing thing. You'll only buy the real flight ticket once you've the confirmation that your visa will be granted. In that case VFS/TLS/embassy will contact you and ask you to give them your flight tickets + insurance to glue the visa in your passeport.
If your partner just received a work permit and you did the family reunion immediately after, then you should get your visa in the next coming days/weeks.
If you did it after, it's like any other family reunion with non-EU: 9 months.

Alex must the tickets be return tickets or one way tickets?

Thank you Alex.

Kendy Makere wrote:

Alex must the tickets be return tickets or one way tickets?

It depends on the visa type.

If it's a visa D, then no, one way is ok.
If it's a visa C to get married/legal cohab, then technically you don't need a return ticket, but immigration can be extremely annoying and denied your entry if you don't have a return ticket for visa C. So basically, you'll cancel your return ticket once you get in Belgium, so you must read everything regarding the refund before buying.

Hey guys, I was recently asked to provide certain documents for my partner by IBZ which I have, any idea on how long it takes before they respond to her application? We have waited 7 months now.

Is you a EU citizen? Non EU 9 month if your a EU citizen 6 months

any body know how to request for extended family ?

Is your partner EU?

yes. actually got an email asking for a house contract. I have sent it already. I do not know when they respond.

Hi Goodfella255.
Do you have any update after sending the additional docs?

Halo. Yes I did and quick, however you have to keep reminding them.

But this means your visa D was alrady approved?

Yes sir!

Hi Alex...I am my partner Eu and I applied for a c visa in order to get married in Belgium..I have been waiting for 7 months..Does this mean I am accepted...6 months + 1 day...or is this law for family gathering only and The situation is different for marriage visas.... I had an interview months ago... and we sent the house contract via email