What is required to enter Dom. Rep.

Hi , my wife and l are coming for an extended 90 day stay, can anyone inform us as to what
we need before we leave Canada , ie vaccinations, visa, thanks.

To get into the country  you dont need anything. However,  currently if you want to go to the bank, pharmacy,  major grocery stores etc they are supposed to be checking that you have been vaccinated.  You need your vaccine card or record to show on entry.

planner wrote:

To get into the country  you dont need anything. However,  currently if you want to go to the bank, pharmacy,  major grocery stores etc they are supposed to be checking that you have been vaccinated.  You need your vaccine card or record to show on entry.

I can see you plan to stay 90 days, and also ask for visas, the tourist card that is charged in your airline ticket will let you stay legal for only 30 days, most of tourst that plan to do that they just come and pay a fine at the airport before departure.   If you want to do correct things and be legal during your extra 60 days, you can ask for 60 days extention of your stay online when you arrive to the country.

Here the information on what you need to show to apply Documents you need to show to apply for stay extention

Here the link to apply Prorroga de Estadia https://servicios.migracion.gob.do/

Also in order to enter and leave the country you must fill a form online, without this you wont be able to do inmigration if you are lucky and the airline forget that they must require to have it all passenger while doing the checkin.

Dominican Republic e-ticket

Hope you enjoy your stay.

regarding the forms for entry/departure, you must fill out the application 3 days in advance.
I would keep a copy of my vaccination card, as well as a copy of my Passport and Drivers license just in case...
Having multiple credit cards wouldn't hurt as well, leaving them locked up as another layer of redundancy in case a card goes lost/stolen.

Thank you all for the info, l knew we were allowed to stay 30 days
was not sure what the procedure was for extending to 90 days.

Follow up on my inquiry, just spoke with American Airlines and as
we have a stop in Miami on our flight we now also need Covid test
additional cost of $300 cdn,

Terryo wrote:

Follow up on my inquiry, just spoke with American Airlines and as
we have a stop in Miami on our flight we now also need Covid test
additional cost of $300 cdn,

USA also acept antigen test, not necesary to be PCR, here on DR travelers to USA show the antigen test that is cheaper.   You can double check that info with AA

Switching flights to eliminate stop in U.S , flying direct from Canada to Punta Cana thereby
eliminating need for Covid test just vaccinations proof required, but have to travel from
there to Juan Dolio during late night not looking forward to nighttime travel by road.

Terryo wrote:

Switching flights to eliminate stop in U.S , flying direct from Canada to Punta Cana thereby
eliminating need for Covid test just vaccinations proof required, but have to travel from
there to Juan Dolio during late night not looking forward to nighttime travel by road.

Yes, is 1;30 min travel, not sure when are you traveling but Air Canada will start flights tuesday and thursday to Santo Domingo SDQ  from Toronto starting Dec 16th.   Landing in SDQ is like 25 min away to Juan Dolio.

Let's be clear.  You do not, at this time, need a Covid test to enter DR from US or Canada.  The only reason you Canadians need Covid test is if you connect to any US airport.  Fly direct to DR if possible.

sberger50 wrote:

Let's be clear.  You do not, at this time, need a Covid test to enter DR from US or Canada.  The only reason you Canadians need Covid test is if you connect to any US airport.  Fly direct to DR if possible.

Thats why they would prefer and trying to get  a non stop flight from Canada.

Hi
Planning to be in Las Terrenas this January when leaving for Canada need to do a PCR  covid test anyone can confirm how much it cost? is the below info are correct
I got this info form:
https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/faq … y-country/

COVID-19 PCR tests:
Available with Self Service in the laboratory parking lot. It is essential to make an appointment.

Cost: RD$ 6,500 (aprox. USD$114)

Results: 24 to 48 hours

I was in Cabarete in August, and my friend and I both needed testing for flights, and we went to Sosua and it cost $34, that is dollars.

Things have changed and with tourism ramping up prices are going up in tourist areas. Freeperson I read these prices recently in a FB group so I think 6,500 is accurate at one location.

There is a big price difference between PCR tests (required for travel to Canada) and Antigen tests (required for travel to the US).

Antigen tests run in LT run about 2300 DOP, but PCR tests are in the 5000 - 7000 range. Maybe more if the nurse comes to you for testing.

The $34 tests that SBerger mentions is most likely for an Antigen test for travel to the US.

ddmcghee wrote:

There is a big price difference between PCR tests (required for travel to Canada) and Antigen tests (required for travel to the US).

Antigen tests run in LT run about 2300 DOP, but PCR tests are in the 5000 - 7000 range. Maybe more if the nurse comes to you for testing.

The $34 tests that SBerger mentions is most likely for an Antigen test for travel to the US.

Wow, very espensive, Referencia Lab PCS for PCR is on 4,100.00 pesos and express 8 hrs 4,500.00.  (US$80.00) and for travekers to USA The cheapest acepted by  is the  Antigen  and the cost is 1,750.00 (US$32.00).

Amadita Lab has more or leas same prices.

Prices for Covid test PCR and Antigen at Referencia Labs

how much is the cost from Santo Domingo  airport las Terrenas what is the best transportation to take?
thks

Cost is about $150 from Las Americas Airport in SD to Las Terrenas. This includes the tolls, which are $38 if I recall correctly.

Can we stay on topic please.

When I was tested in cabarete before returning to the US in September of this year it was $63 us I believe

Surprise here.......possible new restrictions for entry into DR coming.......doubt if it will happen and is hot air to placate some.

Senate approves resolution that asks Public Health to require vaccination cards and PCR from visitors

"We cannot receive everyone who wants without any type of protocol," said the senator for Elías Piña, Yván Lorenzo

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … es/1568417

I think its not fair how much we have to pay for the PCR tests.   Crying the blues does not help much though!

I agree Lennox they are just making a statement, that is never going to happen here.

planner wrote:

I agree Lennox they are just making a statement, that is never going to happen here.

I agree.  It might distract tourists going to Punta Cana to have to provide proof of vaccination and/or tests.

I am agree with the proof of vaccination but not PCR, but airlines can eventually force every travellers to get a PCR before boarding.

My guess is that with Omicron we are now reaching what is called Peak Covid.  Then, as being suggested now in my home country to POTUS Biden, people will have to live with it from now on. That is the new dialog developing as world governments realize finally there is nothing that will ever eliminate CV19.

What governments and airlines will do with PCR or Antigen testing or proof of being vaxed or re-vaxed and boosted remains to be seen.  I suspect it will be a confusing hodge podge for at least another year.