Can a Spouse working from home in India go on dependent visa?

Hello,

I just want to know if my wife who is working from home in India can go with me on dependent visa and work in Belgium for the same  company in which she's working currently?
Or she has to resign from her job and give a proof of dependency for the visa?

Hi guys, please reply to my query!!

Good morning.

As for me, I don't know. Just be patient, others will reply you. You know people have jobs and it's when they are free they can reply posts.

All the best.

Hi...I'd refer you to Alex from Belgium. He can help you with this question

Thanks,  I will be waiting for the response.

You need to search for info regarding family reunification visa on the Belgian embassy website of your country.

Well, Aneesh is better at those kind of questions.

But basically, if you've received a single permit to work in Belgium, you can link your family to join you in Belgium (to live, not to work)
In case she wants to work, as a third country, I'm pretty sure she'll have to request a single permit too

As far i know Location doesn't matter as long as you are not continously staying in the country for more than 180 day or complete financial year. But India does not keep eye on it so not a big deal.

You can work from belgium for Indian company as long as your company allow you to do and you are not working with belgium company.

To answer your question from a visa application perspective - to get a dependent visa, she does not have to resign her job in India.

The second aspect - Can she continue to work for her Indian employer while being in Belgium :)
Well there are again multiple angles to look at this.
-- Does Belgium have an issue with this ? => No
-- The income she gets in India, is that taxable in Belgium. => I am not 100% sure on this but I think the answer is yes. I know one thing. Belgian tax authorities can get Indian account details of residents.

Make sure to convert your Indian bank accounts to NRE/NRO.

Hello Nishh,

Yes, if your wife is coming on a dependent visa she can work in Belgium. She can also work for same company in Belgium if they will put her on Belgium payroll. Mahendra